Yummy Breakfast from the Biggest Loser Cookbook

Options
Lyadeia
Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
I am all about finding new recipes and trying them out all the time, because I simply don't like having the same thing all the time. I know that a lot of people eat the same foods all the day out of convenience, but I've never been able to sustain that for long without getting bored, even if it is my favorite foods. :blushing:

So I finally went out and got the Biggest Loser cookbook (well, one of them...I actually found 3 different ones, so I just grabbed one, lol). I picked out some things that looked good and decided to give them a try this week.

This morning I tried the Boston Cream Peanut Butter Banana Split for breakfast. And I am sooo addicted to it now! I will definitely be having it more often. The ingredients are:

1 banana
1 tablespoon peanut butter (the recipe says low fat, but I used whole fat but natural)
2 ounces of low fat Boston Cream pie flavored yogurt (I measured this with my food scale, but it is about 1/3 of a cup)
2 tablespoons of crunchy high fiber cereal (the book suggests Grape Nuts, which is what I used)

Cur the banana in half long ways and spread the peanut butter on the flat sides. Spoon the yogurt on top of that, and then sprinkle the cereal on top.

It is soooo good! I always enter the calorie value into the recipe function here on MFP to get a better idea of calories using my particular brands of foods instead of trusting cookbooks, and for one serving it comes out to:

286 calories
49 g carbs
8 g fat (1.5 g saturated)
9 g protein

It gave me lots of energy and kept me satisfied. It is always good for me to chew my breakfast, because shakes never satisfy me completely. I hope you guys try it cause it is so good!!!

Replies

• dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    bump! Sounds delish!
  • iwant2run
    Options
    bump
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have this cookbook too and love this dessert. Although we don't have boston cream pie yogurt here so I just use my vanilla with my almond Quaker Harvest crunch on it and it is yummmoooo!!

I also tried the cauliflower recipe that is roasted in the oven with olive oil and parmesan cheese and got hooked on it and ate it almost every day for months. Can't now cause cauliflower is 3.99 a head!!!!! But yeah that one is great tooo!!!!!!
  • mrsshides
    Options
    yummy
  • Kayte625
    Options
    that sounds DELICIOUS!
  • jmo325
    jmo325 Posts: 57
    Options
    bumpity bump! YUMMY!
  • CTK3989
    CTK3989 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy! I may have to check out the cook book.
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I want one of their cookbooks for Christmas.
  • hessond
    hessond Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderful! Bump for later!