late night / early morning eating

Options
I find myself waking up at 2am wanting to eat. I know this isn't good. Does anyone else have this same type of problem? Any advice of how to stop this?

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    If you're truly hungry, then eat. But if you're not sure, drink a glass or 2 of water and go back to bed.
  • jennex73
    jennex73 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have this problem also. I think I am half asleep sometimes :yawn:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I find myself waking up at 2am wanting to eat. I know this isn't good. Does anyone else have this same type of problem? Any advice of how to stop this?
    are you eating enough during the day to start with?
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    If you're truly hungry, then eat. But if you're not sure, drink a glass or 2 of water and go back to bed.

total this. its your body metabolizing. drink water and go back to bed. if your are ravenous eat an apple or apple slices or grapes. they do the trick.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    are you eating enough during the day to start with?

This
  • kellykopp
    Options
    I have had this problem for about 3 years now!! My dog will wake me up in the middle of the night so I can take her outside to use the bathroom. The problem I was having was while waiting for her, I stand in my kitchen and I ALWAYS felt super hungry! I just started my weight loss journey about a month ago. Before then, Every night around 3 or 4 when taking her out I would eat some sort of little Debbie snack or something else completely HORRIBLE for me! I don't know now if I'm actually hungry, or if I'm just used to eating at this time now.

Now what Ive been doing is just getting a tea spoon of peanut butter. I can only assume this still isn't good for me at 4am, But it is better than a chocolate brownie!!! My goal is to stop completely, but being as I'm half asleep when this happens, that has been hard to do.

Sometimes I wake up and I have to try and remember really hard if I actually ate the snack in the middle of the night. But there is always that spoon in the sink!!

So anyway, don't feel like you are the only one!!! When it comes to my opinion, I think you just have to try and make the effort to either have something very small or not at all. Truth is I fall back to sleep instantly when getting back in bed, So I'm sure my body wouldn't care at all weather I had a snack or not!!!

Good luck, and don't sweat it to much, keep up the good work!