Increasing calories to lose weight?

Options
I am curious about this topic...say a person has been eating around 900-1200 calories for a few weeks and they lose weight a lot of weight but then after a while the weight lose just stops and they plateau at the same weight. They then decide to then up their calories to around 1500-1800, will this actually help the person to lose weight by eating more? Has anyone experienced this? Is it possible or will they just stay plateauing at the same weight?

Replies

• Hozman121
    Hozman121 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have been at 1400 calories and not eating back exercise burned calories for 12 weeks. Was told to up my calories because of the exercise to 1800 net meaning to eat what calories I burn. With that I have been dead in the water not losing anything. Before was doing 4-6 lbs a week.

I talked to a nutritionist a couple days ago and she stated that my body finally came to a point that it was slowing down because it wasn't getting enough food and holding on to everything. Slowed my metabolism way down. Now that I am eating she said it could possible take weeks for my body to adjust to the higher calories to where it is comfortable to allow the weight to start coming off.

She said it is imperative that we fuel our bodies even when we are trying to lose.