TDEE QUESTION AND SCOOBY CALCULATOR

Options
Hi So ive used the Scooby calculator to see what my TDDE should be and here are the results:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Current Height- 158cm
Current weight- fluctuates 126-127 lbs
Goal weight 118
Work out level- Gym 3-4 times a week for 1 hour minimum ( Mix of cardio and lifting)
TDEE -10%- 1957

This seems more than I would expect to eat?? I’ve eaten around 1750 for the last few weeks and seem to be the exact same weight which makes me think this is maintenance??

I really want a program that works to stick to and have been hitting the gym consistently for the last 6 weeks.

Any tips?

Thanks!! x

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    TDEE is a moving target and its impossible to nail it down due to humans being open systems.
    You are already pretty lean!
    start at 1700 and slowly reverse diet adding 50cals a day till you start seeing weight gain on the scale.
    Stop adding calories and stay at that rate for 2 weeks.
    If you measure and the weight gain came from fat, alter macros only.
    If the weight gain came from lean tissue, stay at that caloric intake till your productivity in the gym suffers.
    I know we are all programmed to believe that scale weight loss is the goal but if longevity is really what you want, build a little lean muscle and the fat will take care of itself.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I find also this calculator to give unrealistic results. Try this one, it makes more sense in my case at least, verified but weight loss: http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
    I suspect there is something wrong in the scooby calculator, at least for women.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    10% is a very small deficit... it doesn't leave much for errors, and if your metabolism is slower than what the calculator tells you, you're pretty much eating at maintenance. Do you weigh your food? If not, that's your problem right there.
  • ehwilson
    ehwilson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I used the IIFYM calculator I just dont know what to do with the results. BMR is 1502 and TDEE is 2065, what does all that mean? MFP has me on 1200 calories a day.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I used the IIFYM calculator I just dont know what to do with the results. BMR is 1502 and TDEE is 2065, what does all that mean? MFP has me on 1200 calories a day.

For long-lasting, happy, healthy results, a lot of people would recommend eating AT LEAST your BMR every day. No matter what. If you eat 1500 per day, you should lose 1 lb per week (if you don't exercise more than you put in the calculator). Eating 1200 in theory, you would lose 1.5 lbs per week. EDIT TO ADD: I don't recommend you eating 1200. I think you'll just get cranky if you eat under your BMR.

I don't know your current weight, but you don't look obese in your picture. So I'd guess aiming for 1 lb per week is an EXCELLENT goal.