30 day shred-is it for guys?

Options
I see a lot of ladies talking about doing it. My wife was given the DVD by a friend and it has just sat and collected dust. I doing cardio at gym with combo of weights and crossfit through the week.

Any guys do this? Is more detailed towards women?

Just always looking for different things to keep it mixed up.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of friends whose hubbys have done it. It's just exercise - yeah it's geared toward women and the video has women doing the moves, but anyone can do it - just grab heavier dumbbells. :smile:

Give it a shot - it's only 20 minutes.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't really get why it seems to be geared towards women. It's good exercise... body weight exercises and weights. I highly recommend it to anyone. The patter is really the only part that is woman specific in places (she talks about jean shopping, or working to define certain muscle groups you might think only guys can have, etc.). In general, it's a great, short, no nonsense workout. Like Amy said, it's so short... just give it a shot and see if you like it!
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My husband has tried it & liked it. The 30DS & RI30 doesn't have guys in the video, but Body Revolution has several guys in the videos & that has similar exercises. I say give it a try.
  • NoMoreStretchyPants
    Options
    Absolutely give it a try! As another poster said, grab heavier weights. I'm doing the Shred right now (I'm at level 2, but honestly I weight train/cardio in addition to doing the Shred) and I love it. Some people don't like Jillian, but I personally love her style. She will push you. This isn't a 'girlie' DVD - she doesn't prance around with little pink dumbbells. She's pretty hardcore :smile: Give it a shot and see what you think. You already have the DVD, you've got nothing to lose! Good luck!
  • gsgitu
    gsgitu Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i have done the shred and ripped. prefer the ripped workouts. i think it was like $5-$9 on amazon instant video. she also has a good kettle bell one that is free for Prime. anyway, it is a workout. you will sweat some and burn some calories. so if you are looking for a way to burn a few cals. go for it. it won't get you all shredded and ripped. just burn some cals. i think it also helped me a lot with flexibility. loosening things up, doing some of the exercises over and over. i still do a ripped workout now and then when i want to burn some cals.
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I don't think any exercise is only for men or for women, it's all in the marketing. I do a JM Shred class at my gym, among others, and while it's mostly women, there are a few guys and they are huffing and sweating buckets by the end. Guys seem to have a chip on their shoulder about certain kinds of exercise and classes in particular, so it's good to see...it doesn't have to all be about lifting heavy and grunting.