ahhhhhhhhhh I need to loose 4 more pounds and it's hard..

Options
I've been stagnant at 149 lbs for almost a month now. I have been working out 2-3 days a week for a month. I love to bake, and i have been baking a lot lately. I'm stopping now cause i want to fit into bikini.
And just recently I changed to 3 days religiously. What should i do???? More cardio? work out a extra day??:explode:

Replies

• gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I don't think 4 lbs will make a difference either way in fitting into a bikini. What type of workouts are you doing? Strength? Cardio? A mix of both?

How much are you eating?

To get the best body you can, I would much rather do full strength training. In 3 hours per week of strength training with free weights, I have had more success in 2-3 months than I have had in years of 5-6 hours per week of cardio.

Eta: I am not saying that cardio is the devil, or that it doesn't have its place in fitness. What I am saying is that once you get to a certain point in your fitness, you need to focus more on the muscular system to shape your body, rather than just spending hours burning calories that may not impact your overall shape.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    If you're already at a healthy weight, the last 4 lbs will come off VERY slowly. I'm down to my last 10 lbs and they're not coming off any faster either. In fact, I will lose and gain the same two lbs for a while. It's frustrating, but it's normal. So be patient. Also, perhaps your caloric intake is to blame. Are you eating too little?
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to eat more calories, Sounds like you may have 'plateaued'

Bump up your calories for a few weeks and see what happens!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    set MFP to lose 0.5lb per week, eat plenty of protein and do some strength/resistance training
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I've been stagnant at 149 lbs for almost a month now. I have been working out 2-3 days a week for a month. I love to bake, and i have been baking a lot lately. I'm stopping now cause i want to fit into bikini.
    And just recently I changed to 3 days religiously. What should i do???? More cardio? work out a extra day??:explode:

This is where I was 2 years ago and I had to up my calories by 200. I started losing again at a rate of .4 lbs a week, but it came off and I was much happier. I was eating 1200 calories though, so I was not eating near enough to sustain me and be happy.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Open your food diary so we may assist

Also what are your workouts like? Strength training or just cardio?
  • GodivaMuahzz
    Options
    Open your food diary so we may assist

Also what are your workouts like? Strength training or just cardio?

I need to do more strength training.... I do zumba, stair master, & elliptical leg presses and squats.
    My food diary has been slacking lately. I'll open it up
  • GodivaMuahzz
    Options
    If you're already at a healthy weight, the last 4 lbs will come off VERY slowly. I'm down to my last 10 lbs and they're not coming off any faster either. In fact, I will lose and gain the same two lbs for a while. It's frustrating, but it's normal. So be patient. Also, perhaps your caloric intake is to blame. Are you eating too little?
    maybe! I'll increase to 1400 again, and lets see what happens.
  • GodivaMuahzz
    Options
    I don't think 4 lbs will make a difference either way in fitting into a bikini. What type of workouts are you doing? Strength? Cardio? A mix of both?

How much are you eating?

To get the best body you can, I would much rather do full strength training. In 3 hours per week of strength training with free weights, I have had more success in 2-3 months than I have had in years of 5-6 hours per week of cardio.

Eta: I am not saying that cardio is the devil, or that it doesn't have its place in fitness. What I am saying is that once you get to a certain point in your fitness, you need to focus more on the muscular system to shape your body, rather than just spending hours burning calories that may not impact your overall shape.

Yea I need to do more of that. My gym gets sooo crowded near the weight section. So i end up running away, before I even begin lol
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

You may need even more than that. How tall are you? I'm 5ft8 and I eat 1585-1589 a day. That's my TDEE minus about 250 calories from it.
  • GodivaMuahzz
    Options

You may need even more than that. How tall are you? I'm 5ft8 and I eat 1585-1589 a day. That's my TDEE minus about 250 calories from it.
    I'm 5'5, I'll try more strengthening/resistance excercise