24-day challenge

Options
I'm starting my first 24-day challenge on March 4th! Anyone have any tips, food ideas, encouraging stories to share???

Replies

• Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My tip would be not to do it? I had to google it and I could immediately smell the bs.
  • mamaslyboots
    mamaslyboots Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Haha ... well, thanks for the 'tip' but I have had many friends who have had great success and really love the product - even beyond the challenge. I am looking forward to it!
  • ehwilson
    ehwilson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Is this Advocare's challenge?
  • mamaslyboots
    Options
    yep! Have you done it?
  • cam3502
    Options
    I did it to kick of my Advocare journey and loved it. I ate clean - cut out processed foods, coffee and diet coke. I have not had any of that since January 8th. I lost 8 pounds on the challenge and so far I am down almost 15 pounds.

The supplements have been the best part of the deal for me. I saw my doctor yesterday and he said the program is good and encouraged me to continue with it.

My tip for the fiber drink is this: that crap is nasty but do-able. I started with 2-16oz bottles of water. Take a drink out of both of them so you have room for the mix. Mix SPARK in one of the bottles and set aside. Mix the fiber drink in the other. Take a huge gulp and wash it down with SPARK. I could drink it in 4 drinks and have SPARK left over as a treat for making it through it. :)
    1. By using 15oz of water it dilutes the fiber drink so it isn't as thick. DO NOT LET IT SIT - it thickens like crazy!
    2. I use 15oz water for Spark so it isn't a strong and lasts a little longer. I LOVE the mandarin orange, grape and fruit punch.

Don't starve yourself on the cleanse... I have better weeks when I stick close to my 1200 calorie goal. It just seems to work better.

Good Luck and happy cleansing!
  • ehwilson
    Options
    No, but my friend has. She has lost about 25 pounds since September. I think her first challenge she lost 12 pounds. She loves the stuff...she now sells it. However, if you noticed I said her first challenge. She is about ready to start her 3rd 24 day challenge. So it seems you keep doing the challenges with a break in between so it can get pricey. She loves it though (her husband, mom, dad have all done it as well). I just can't see spending that amount of money on it over and over. It is also a VERY strict diet so not sure if its the diet or the supplements.
  • mamaslyboots
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I signed up as a distributor to get the discount for now but I will definitely look forward to making it a business if I like it as much as I have heard I'm going to!
    It is pricey, and that's why I've waited so long to start but I REALLY need a JUMPSTART to losing some weight, I have heard so many great stories about Advocare so I couldn't resist any longer!
    I appreciate your input for sure!
  • PLAID1977
    PLAID1977 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My suggestion for the fiber drink is to mix it with about 12 oz of water and a bit of Spark powder in a tall glass. Then use a wide straw (like one from McDonald's) to suck it down. My joke is always "don't look it in the eye!"

While it gets a bad rap...Advocare does teach people to eat whole, clean and unprocessed foods at least 80% of the time, even after the challenge. The supplements are good too. Very high quality and thoroughly tested, Many are stamped as "Informed Choice". I know plenty of people, myself included, who have had great success with weight loss and overall health with the 24 day challenge, what it taught them about nutrition and even after their challenge was completed. I lost about 15 lbs and 20 inches with my first challenge. I too am a distributor, primarily for the discount, but I do "sell" it to friends who want a good jumpstart or plateau breaker, or who have specific nutritional needs.

Check out Pinterest for lots of recipes. Just search Advocare recipes, 24 Day Challenge recipes, or clean eating recipes.

Best of luck!!
  • mamaslyboots
    Options
    great information! thanks so much!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I did my first challenge from January 1st through 24th! My profile picture shows my results. I blogged about my journey, including recipes, what my typical day looked like and how I was feeling. Feel free to check it out. I'll send you the link in a PM; even though it's not promoting anything it could be removed by one of the MODs if I post it in here. Best of luck! Feel free to message me with any questions and add me for support!

If anyone else wants the link, send me a PM. I will also post it in my profile.
  • ehwilson
    Options
    If you dont mind me asking, how much is it to become a distributor and what is the monthly financial commitment
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    If you dont mind me asking, how much is it to become a distributor and what is the monthly financial commitment

It is $75 for the distributor kit, which includes like $50 worth of free product, mainly Spark and Slam. There is no monthly obligation, however there is a $50 annual renewal fee. To my knowledge you don't get another kit/product when you renew, but I don't know that for sure. My one year is coming up in May.

As a distributor you immediately receive the 20% discount. If you sell $3,000 worth of product in three consecutive pay periods (ie. 6 weeks), you will reach the 40% discount level. If you sell $500 in that three consecutive pay period you reach the 25% level and you obviously reach the higher levels the more you sell. Once you reach a discount level, you have it for life. It isn't like Herbalife, for example, where you have to meet that sales level all the time to maintain your higher discount.