BodyMedia, Fitbit, or Polar Watches?

Options
rijana12
rijana12 Posts: 81 Member
I'm looking to invest in a device that will help me with my weight loss, but don't know much about what's good. Any suggestions on what device is the best and most accurate?

Replies

• tlaurenw
    Options
    I really like my Polar watch! I'm not sure on the accuracy though :/ Hopefully someone else can give a little insight! I would really like to know as well.
  • john062
    john062 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia and love it, never used the others.
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One which I love. I needed something discreet and not worn on wrist or around chest (I'm a nurse) and also wanted to know my general activity not cal burns during a workout.

I've used mine to gauge how much to eat for the past year since hitting maintenance and not gained any wt so would say it must be pretty accurate for me.

It's also a fantastic motivator for geting off my *kitten* when I see that I haven't yet earned the cals mapped in MFP the night before!
  • devcwil
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex and I like a lot. There is an app for it and it syncs easily. I think all these devices lack slightly in the accuracy department, but I feel for the most part it is a good option. You can keep it on at all times, even while showering or in the pool. The criticisms I have heard of the most with the Fitbit is that it doesnt accurately record/or take into account aerobic workouts.
  • rijana12
    rijana12 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys!