bucking the lowfat, eat your grains recommended diet?

Options
I have done Weight Watchers and had lost 65 lbs (only to regain most of it due to health issues & injury.) I prescribed to the method that you can pump your body full of lowfat, processed, artificial sweeteners, wheat, gmo's, and other toxins to lose weight. (Which obviously I did.)

I am starting again ... ditching wheat, lowfat, sugars, HFCS, processed foods, etc. ... eating WHOLE, organic foods. I have been at this for a couple of weeks and have not seen much for change. (Even though in my tracking of calories I am well within my caloric budget.)

I am wondering if there are others here that are eating this way with success. What are your tips/tricks?

No bashing necessary ... as some are so compelled to do. I am asking a legitimate question seeking some encouragement/support. Thanks.

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:

Welcome to My Fitness Pal

This site has been very helpful to keep me in the right direction in my journey to health.

This link may be of help

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

Good luck in your journey
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Without more specifics such as height your present weight and your calorie goal and an open diary it will be difficult for anyone to give you specific advice.
  • penash
    penash Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ditching wheat, lowfat, sugars, HFCS, processed foods, etc. ... eating WHOLE, organic foods.

This is my general philosophy about eating. My tricks? Do the shopping the perimeter of the store trick. I hit the produce section and get spinach, onion, bell peppers, apples, berries. I then hit the dairy aisle for butter, greek yogurt, and cheese. I then get eggs. Sometimes I pick up some nuts, depending on my mood. Then I hit the meat department to pick up chicken/pork/beef/fish. I make all of my meals at home. I pack my lunch every day so I control what I eat. I feel great eating like this, have loads of energy, I sleep really good, and I'm losing at a pretty consistent pace.