Progress pic question

Options
How often do you take progress pictures?

Replies

• Brooke4206
    Brooke4206 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    All the time! Once a week, or even a few times a week. I have an album on my phone and it's neat to see the changes (even the slightest bit each day).
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    seriously?! nice... ok I took pics like 3 weeks ago and been waiting and waiting.. scared to do it cus scared I wouldn't see changes. sweet
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I try to take pics every 2 weeks or so. It does show you a lot that you may not see on the scale or even in your clothes. Good luck!
  • Wendy__D
    Wendy__D Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    How soon/often you'll "see" changes may depend on how much you have to lose. Like 10 lbs out of 200 is a 5% difference while out of 30 lbs it's 33% so it'll likely look more dramatic.

I think the answer for how often is personal. Like stepping on the scale, some people are motivated by doing it constantly others prefer to wait until there's more of a difference to be seen.
  • allana1111
    Options
    I think I reached the point that I'm so close to my goal weight I have to start focusing on pictures because the scale hasn't been moving much but I've been weightlifting/cardio enough.

I'll take some when I get home yayaay hope I see a difference..
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I really don't.

When I first started losing weight (113 lb ago) I was far too ashamed of my body to take a before pic. Now of course I wish I had!

When I first started using MFP (67 lb ago) I did take a bunch of before pics in my spare room mirror...but I wasn't too impressed with them because I didn't know how to best show my body and was wearing semi baggy clothes. When I took a follow-up after losing 20 lb I looked pretty much the same. I deleted all of those. I shouldn't have, because subsequent photos would show major changes!

All I have to go by really, are snapshots from various dates and weights.
  • allana1111
    Options
    I took pics in a swim suit a few weeks ago and I intend to take more wearing the same swimsuit... I've even been holding off tanning because I know tanning can make us look slimmer so I want to be white as a ghost when I take these pics! lol
  • bradXdale
    Options
    Once a week or every 7-14 days.
  • allana1111
    Options
    I'm honestly just really scared I won't see positive changes even though I've been working my butt off. that would be so discouraging to me
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I take them once a month, but I measure and weigh once a week
  • Relle3
    Relle3 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I usually take a pic after every 5lbs I lose.
  • allana1111
    Options
    I usually take a pic after every 5lbs I lose.

except for me the reason I'm taking them is because the scale has stopped moving, so I want to make sure I'm still progressing!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I started at doing them every 10 lb loss...as my exercise increased and my weightloss slowed, I switched to monthly.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    pretty much never. I wish I had when I first started - problem is I didn't know I was starting =)
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Um...every holiday or milestone, but usually at least once a month, give or take. My profile pic now is my 75lbs lost and valentines day date night picture.

edited to say I found MFP after I had already lost 12-13 lbs so my ticker is off.
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I take it on the last day of each month. :smile:
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    UGH - I took a couple of pictures and immediately deleted them - yuck. I think I have body image issues. I just saw SO many more lumps and bumps in the pictures...seemed like more than what I saw just looking in the mirror!! I'll will definitely take some. It's good to have it for 1) motivation to keep strong and 2) to capture progress....that's what I'm going to keep telling myself
  • emmaelisenl
    emmaelisenl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I took my 'before' photo's on the 21st of january and have been counting days untill the 21st of february, so tomorrow I will make new photo's, very curious to see if I can see any change
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    When I was losing once a week ... now just at the peak of where I want to be... so at the end of my bulk I took pics... I will take them again once I get down to 180lbs or so
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    i've got a couple of before pictures that my mum took without my knowledge, but other than that i've only got pics that somebody else takes unexpectedly, i have taken them in the past and immediately deleted them, i hate having my pic taken
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!