Looks like I'm in Good Company

Options
I've been cruising the site for the past 24 hours and I love it already. I saw a longtime friend last night at a party and she looked fabulous and told me all about this site. I look forward to gaining some supportive weight loss buddies while losing 60 pounds of uncomfortable, ugly fat. Just one day of using the food diary has shown me how my portions and emotional choice have keep me 60 pounds heavier than I should be for optimal health.

Replies

• karen1255
    Options
    I've been cruising the site for the past 24 hours and I love it already. I saw a longtime friend last night at a party and she looked fabulous and told me all about this site. I look forward to gaining some supportive weight loss buddies while losing 60 pounds of uncomfortable, ugly fat. Just one day of using the food diary has shown me how my portions and emotional choice have keep me 60 pounds heavier than I should be for optimal health.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Welcome
    :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome new friend! You will totally love it here!

933438707_l.jpg
  • karen1255
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes! If I have questions, it looks like the two of you could pretty well be considered experts on this site. Thanks for the inspiration! Here's a question: In charting your weight loss, how often are you weighing and changing your results?
  • dmor
    dmor Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome Karen and good luck. This site can be addicting in the good way!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Welcome Karen, you will love it here!!

Welcome new friend! You will totally love it here!

933438707_l.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: You are too much lady!!! That is hilarious!
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes! If I have questions, it looks like the two of you could pretty well be considered experts on this site. Thanks for the inspiration! Here's a question: In charting your weight loss, how often are you weighing and changing your results?

While I'm no means an expert, I log any 'new' low as soon as I hit it... it helps to keep me inspired.. of course, I weigh myself every day (I can't help myself :laugh: )

Some others pick a day a week and log/weigh then.. I think it's up to you, I'm sure others with more 'expertise' will 'opine'..

Good luck and welcome!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hey der!!! I am NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO expert. I'm more like Dory from Finding Nemo...I just keep swimming, just keep swimming...I ask a lot of questions and suck up the informational posts as much as possible.

I am just like Petunia!!! Measure yourself RIGHT NOW!!! That is sometimes the only change your body will show. SERIOUSLY!!!

As far as weighing goes, I hop on and off the scale almost daily, but I have gotten past the "up one or two pounds and down two pounds" yo-yo days. If on Monday the scale says I am down one pound then I type that into my log. If three days later I am up two pounds, I don't stress because logically I'm not gaining a pound of flubber a day...that really isn't possible to gain such a "mass" of love so quickly...So I just take a moment to think about making sure I have and am eating correctly, working out, and I move on. Three days later on Sunday if I am down another pound I type it into my log. I like being flexible with my days.

If I ever want a true measurement of my success and the scale hasn't moved, I use my tape measure or my old clothes to see how big they have become. It works for me! :flowerforyou: