GENERATING RESULTS

Options
Hello all my ellow challengers!!! I trust y'all had a good weekend. Week 3!!

I thought i would kinda do a roll call- see whos still with us...:wink:
Anne- thanks for checking in with us so often...
All is good- welcome
Soup 78- thanks for all your input
Spphyria- hi, you still with us?
Natalie- hope you had a good weekend in Cinci!
Over the hills- whats up??
Northern mama- hope your move has been smoth, ad your computer is up and running again soon, and you are back with us...
Honeybunch, shawley, heartshapd worls, watermelon, Mommy wilson, judys, andrea2008, debsgoal, progress- what happened to y'all?
Check in- so we know you found us...

Okay- so this week my goal is to do SOMETHING physical for 60-90 mins per day, and to write EVERYTHING down. And drink more water- its gonna be a hot one...

Replies

• gameset
    gameset Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello all my ellow challengers!!! I trust y'all had a good weekend. Week 3!!

I thought i would kinda do a roll call- see whos still with us...:wink:
    Anne- thanks for checking in with us so often...
    All is good- welcome
    Soup 78- thanks for all your input
    Spphyria- hi, you still with us?
    Natalie- hope you had a good weekend in Cinci!
    Over the hills- whats up??
    Northern mama- hope your move has been smoth, ad your computer is up and running again soon, and you are back with us...
    Honeybunch, shawley, heartshapd worls, watermelon, Mommy wilson, judys, andrea2008, debsgoal, progress- what happened to y'all?
    Check in- so we know you found us...

Okay- so this week my goal is to do SOMETHING physical for 60-90 mins per day, and to write EVERYTHING down. And drink more water- its gonna be a hot one...
  • computergeekmelanie
    Options
    Are you still letting people join your group? You all seem so upbeat. I work two jobs so I have a tendancy to let days go by not working on my health and blame it on my jobs, when the reality is I'm just so tired I tend to be lazy when I have a moment to myself.

Anway, goals this week.
    1) Finish reno on bathroom
    2)Empty spare bedroom to finish reno next week.
    3)Walk the dog 3 times.
    4)Drink 8 glasses of water every day.
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend.... I am back from the tennis tournament in Cincinnati. It was so much fun! We walked all over the site many, many times.... I tried to eat as healthfully as possible considering the options. I had well.... quite a few beers!

Monday is my normal weigh-in day... so I was really dreading that this morning, but I maintained. Glad not to have gained.

This week's goals...

FOOD
    -remain within calories
    -healthy choices: nuts, veggies, fruits, and lean proteins
    -drink loads of water

EXERCISE
    -burn 400-500 calories per day
    -tennis
    -walking
    -stationary bike
    -Shred dvd
    -push ups and cobra presses

I haven't exercised yet today... I will check in later today to post my exercise.

Good luck everyone... Have a great week!
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I lost track of your thread...at any rate, I am still here and moving along. I read on the posts about people having difficulty eating their exercise calories-absolutely no problem here-I am always hungry.

I felt a little tired last week, and was craving sweets (ice cream, chocolate). I was really determined, though, because I did not got out a buy a bag of Lindt chocolate truffle (and eat the entire bag) or a pint of Hagen Daas Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream (and eat the entire pint). I had a Skinny Cow Ice Ceam Sandwhich (not tasty). However, it was worth it, because I lost 1 lb! As for exercise, I punked out once last week. It is my own fault for going to the gym at 10pm when I am dead tired!

I tried yoga last week, and I expect to continue it-twice a week on Monday and Saturday. (it seemed to require so much strength! I felt like punk-it bothers me when I can't do something that I feel like I should.) On Tuesday-Friday, I am going to strength train and do 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the stairmaster.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    2nd week goal: still 4-5 days a week exersice

Monday

1 hour cardio intervals and upper weights

Anne
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    I just got done running 2 miles with a 20lb Gold's Gym vest and twenty minutes of weight training. It would have almost been the perfect workout if I hadn't dropped my iPod on the treadmill. It fell in between the crack and took me ten minutes, a lot of cussing and a screwdriver before I finally got it out.

Now, I'm eating a cup of Shredded Wheat to go with my One a Day vitamin! :)
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I am soooo motivated today!!!

Keep up the good work everyone! :bigsmile:

This week I am starting something new. The 100 push up challenge, I found a posting on MFP about it and checked out the site, www.hundredpushups.com. YEAH!!! :bigsmile:

This week's goals:
    Warm-up 20 min walk *6 days
    M-W-F: Cardio (at least 45 min)
    push up challenge
    T-Th-Sat: Yoga/Pilates
    Strength training
    Peace :flowerforyou:
  • natalie424
    Options
    Not feeling so great today, but I did manage to get out for a quick walk (1.75 miles) and do some push ups and cobra presses. Burned 220 cals in 40 minutes. Short of my 400-500 goal, but better than doing nothing!
  • allisgood
    allisgood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I agree with Natalie. Sometimes something is better than nothing. An hour of yoga for me today and lots of walking. Paying attention to the amount of walking I do each day is new to me. I typically run but due to a foot injury earlier this summer, my milage is down. I am exploring other means of exercise. Hiking, biking, swimming and yoga!

My exercise goal this week is simple as I will be traveling:
    One hour of exercise daily....anything more is a bonus.

I also want to stay within my calories while I am away.

Lastly, I intend to continue my practice of daily meditating.

Thanks for starting this thread, Brenda.
  • gameset
    Options
    hi everyone,

Tennis this am- and i may try a walk tonight after i put the rugrats to bed.

How sad is this- I played wii fit yesterday, did all the yoga and strength- and i am stiff today!!!

See you in the am!
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    Hey! Thanks for the accountability! I lost the thread at one point. And then went on vacation. Then took an absolute nose-dive today. UGH UGH UGH!!!!

I have decided I need to seriously re-vamp my commitment so I've changed my user name from progress63 to 2day4ever so that I remember my forever plan includes today . . .

I have had a terrible horrible no-good very-bad day today. I ate all the junk I could find and even some I didn't know we had. I generally do so well with making healthy choices but not today.

I am going to get up off this chair and turn off the computer and go turn on the treadmill. I am not really feeling it but I am thinking that if I exercise, the whole day won't be awful and, also, I usually feel better after I exercise and I am less likely to binge after I know I've done something positive for my body.

Mad at me but turning it around. Thanks again for being so good about tracking us down!!!! YOU are part of the reason I feel like I can go do something and not keep wallowing about all the crap I've eaten.

THANK YOU:flowerforyou:
  • natalie424
    Options
    2day4ever.... Yesterday, I felt so sluggish! I didn't want to eat or drink water... I had to make myself do it. I didn't want to get off the couch. But last night I forced myself to go for a walk. I told myself... "just 20 minutes". It ended up being about 1.75 miles in about 30 minutes + push ups, cobra presses, and swimmers when I got home. I felt so much better! So.... get on that treadmill and turn your day around! Once you get started you will feel so much better! :happy:

Today I burned 410 cals :bigsmile: doing Shred Level 1 followed by 20 minutes on the stationary bike. I will probably take a short walk after dinner.
  • 2day4ever
    Options
    Hey Natalie424 ~

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I am happy to report that I do feel MUCH better after the treadmill. 4.5 miles plus a quick arms routine with easy weights (I wanted to feel like I was competent tonight so I didn't exactly push it). I also mapped out tomorrow's meals so I won't be tempted to continue my descent into icky food choices.

Thanks for sharing that your rough day yesterday was followed by a great one today. YOU GO!!!! I really like Shred Level 1 ~ maybe that will be my goal for tomorrow. Thanks again for the inspiration and the support!
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all

I switched up my week's plans and did cardio kickboxing for 60 min today, and now I'm wiped out. :yawn: Then dinner time came around and I didn't even feel like cooking (which I :heart: ). So we ordered in some Mexican food - but dang it I "earned" those calories. I opted for the fajitas, no tortillas, and ate it all...:sick: Ohh, I ate way too much for dinner.:sick: I usually set aside tomorrow's lunch from my dinner meal so I don't overeat, but I was sooo hungry! :ohwell:

Looking forward to tomorrow...
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Heya! Can someone with a Y chromosone join in? :happy: Don't know if it helps, but I'm the big Five Oh, and sixty lbs over, yikes! But I do workout, so think that this could be a fun, and challenging, palce for me to try?

Let me know! :glasses:
  • natalie424
    Options
    Jamerz3294... Welcome!

Soup78... Great job with the kickboxing! You did earn those fajitas! YUM!

2day4ever... YAY for 4.5 miles!
  • allisgood
    allisgood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,
    I am so impessed with how you all find ways to tuck in exercise. To go for a walk in my neighborhood intails going down a very steep hill....then the return home...up that very steep hill.
    Going away for a few days...and I will have lots of opportunity to exercise. My goal is to keep my calories in check.

I will check in while away.....great progress all!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Goal 4-5 days work out

Tuesday-rest

Wednesday
    1hour walking and weights intervals

Anne
  • 2day4ever
    Options
    Fell waaaaaaay off the wagon yesterday but I walked (thanks for the encouragement Natalie424) which helped me feel less like a total loser -- LOL! Today is a brand new day and I have a brand new plan:

Yogurt and apples for breakfast
    A 3-bean medley for snack
    A frozen entree for lunch (gotta be able to eat quickly today since it's my first day back at work from vaca and I know it is going to be nuts!)
    Almonds (2 tbsp) for snack
    A salad (big one!) for dinner

Maybe popcorn tonight (depending on where I am with numbers when all is said and done)

NO ALCOHOL!!!

Definite treadmill and power sculpt DVD

Will check in later to tell how it went. Hope YOU all have a fabulous day!!!!
  • gameset
    Options
    You guys are Rock stars!! It is so cool to see all the encouragement going on. I know it keeps me on the straight and narrow-(ish??):love:

SO Tuesday i played tennis, AND went for a walk after dinner- 50 min, it felt really good.

i think that today i will walk while my son has his football practice- nothing like killing 2 birds with one stone.

Allis good- I'm coming to walk in your neighborhood- its so flat here... i guessthats the midwest for you!! we have lived here a year and i am still not used to the flatness of the place!!

Okay, happy wednesday everyone, have a fabulous day, check in with ya later!!
    Brenda:happy: