Best time to work out and do you skip a day if you're sore?

Options
2»

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,591 Member
    Options
    best time to workout for me is morning b4 I go to work.
    if I am sore, I DEFINATELY do not skip or miss a day. I get worse if I DON'T workout the next day or skip it.
  • austinsnotweird
    Options
    The best time to workout is whichever time you'll be able to be most consistent.

That being said, there may be a slight advantage to workout timing depending on what it is you do. Hormonal factors favor weight lifting later in the day (afternoon/evening.)

I don't skip a day if I'm sore from DOMS, but I don't hesitate to skip a day when I can tell I'm too beat up to get a good workout. When the warmup weights feel heavier than normal, I call it a day. When it happens 2-3 times in a row, I deload (unless I have programmed reloads.) If your soreness is not DOMS definitely skip a day.
  • teaparty75
    Options
    i like the mornings - its much less crowded at the gym i go to at 5:30 am ....and stuff always pops up during my day so its best for me to go early and get it over with
  • Shelley6591
    Shelley6591 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Whew! thanks everyone! I am NOT a morning person and have been working out at night so was just curious! I love working out while I'm still sore from the day before, it makes me feel like I should do it more often so I will keep it up! :drinker: