Options
    Hello? IT'S FREE (per 20 classes), I say DO IT! :smile:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Hello, the 80s called . . .

:angry:

There are some pretty hot women there.

I always did like ladies in leg warmers. Sign me up!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    This kind of exercise will help you build coordination!
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Its free, sounds fun, go for it!

But as others have said, I'd stay in the back of the class to observe others who are just as awful and until you get the moves down. :tongue:
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Hello, the 80s called . . .

:angry:

There are some pretty hot women there.

I always did like ladies in leg warmers. Sign me up!
    1k1o.jpg
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    All I can think about is Richard Simmons right now .....lmao
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I've never, ever heard of something like this. NEVER!

Yet it sounds like amazing fun, any class that involves music, dancing and company - i'd say hell yeah, girl. Give it a try and make your choice on whether or not to keep going on that, no? Worth a shot.

Zumba is the same thing but with international music.

I personally don't care for the Jazzercise music, but the dancing part is fun. Just follow. Don't try to think about what the person is doing, just do what they're doing.
  • rubyji0
    rubyji0 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you like to dance at all, you should definitely check it out while it's free. I've been doing Jazzercise for about 8 months and I lost well over 25 pounds! More importantly, I feel much healthier now. (I also changed my diet to cut out fat and cholesterol per doctor's orders.) I can feel the difference when I do yoga and have the strength to do more poses and for longer than I ever did before. I can carry my son around more, etc.

It's a very fun way to get a good workout that is challenging but doesn't over do it. I wish the music was better (it's mostly Top 40/MTV type hits I've never heard of), but that varies by instructor.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Go for it! It couldn't hurt... unless you got injured but that can happen with anything basically! :P
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    if you like to dance, you will love Jazzercise! I have been going for almost 9 yrs. It's tough and none of that 80s leg warmer BS.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I've never done jazzercise. But I volunteer to take the burden off you! Send those tickets on.
  • thegeorges11202004
    Options
    definitely try it. I loved it - we don't have where I live but wish we did. the difference I have noticed (in the places I have gone to) between zumba and jazzercise is the instructor usually faces you in Jazzercise whereas in zumba they don't. the vocal cues in zumba are minimal from what I can tell but in jazzercise they are more detailed. and in my opinion the moves in jazzercise are easier to follow and not as much booty shaking. some booty shaking. not constant, which I felt like zumba was a lot. of. booty. shaking. but yes the important thing to to have fun. moving your body.
  • Melolabel
    Options
    Jazzercise? Um, it's aerobics... With leg warmers and puffy hair... Jazzercise is back, really? Wow. Nothing at all wrong with doing it, lots of people had a lot of fun with it the first time around, but I'm really surprised. OP, I don't think you'll have trouble with the choreography. You'll just get a nice aerobic workout. Enjoy.

:) Jazzercise never went away. It's been around for 30+ years and has weathered countless exercise trends and fads. And trust me, there are no more leg warmers, thong leotards, or poofy hair.
    I love love love Jazzercise. Definitely try it out, especially if she bought you a pass! Their website has demonstrations of all the basic moves that every routine is built on, so you can familiarize yourself with what you'll be doing. The moves are seriously not too hard, and it's lots of fun and burns a ton of calories.

I second this as well. I've been doing jazzercise for more than 6 years. I've always enjoyed the variety of the music and routines. The instructors get new routines every 6 weeks so they can always keep their sets fresh. As for feeling out of your element or uncoordinated, let me just say that EVERYONE feels that way at first. It takes a few classes to get the names of the moves matched up with what is being done. But definitely go to the website and check out the instructional videos. Once you have a grasp on the core moves, there's not much else to it.

If you're really self-conscious, just hang in the back and watch what the person in front of you is doing. In all of the classes I've ever been to, I've never felt judged or excluded. And if you ever get lost or frustrated just start marching in place until you can pick up the moves again. It's as great a workout as you make it! Give it a try.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    My sister in law prefers Jazzercise over Zumba because there isn't as much shaking of the booty or other sexualization of the exercises.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm a Jazzercise Instructor - so I may be biased. What can I say.... it's an awesome workout - and more importantly it's FUN and you can work at your own intensity level, so great for everyone.
  • peanut1012
    peanut1012 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I say YAY!!! Jazzercise is awesome. I do it 6 days a week. We work out with weights and sometimes exer tubes. Do it at your own pace. The instructor will show you different intensity levels to do. Lace up those tennis shoes, put on some comfy clothes, and grab a water bottle and give it a try. :wink:
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the first time last year and it was fun. The other people in the class were SUPER supportive and I didn't feel any judgement when I was tripping over my own feet ;) The location I went to didn't seem to take anything too seriously, its about moving more and having some fun at the same time.
  • regcal966
    regcal966 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Definitely try it. Jazzercise is so much fun. I've been Jazzercising for 2 years off and on. Great workout also.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I took it in college and it was a lot of fun, actually. I keep thinking about doing it again, but it costs as much as a gym membership.
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    As a retired instructor, let me assure you, most of the time the students are watching the goofball on the stage and really not too much looking at each other. As long as you don't run into someone, you're doing fine.