Les Mills Pump

Options
Has anyone had the opportunity to try out Les Mills Pump by Beach Body???/ -morgantaylordiet

Replies

• Mitchlou84
    Options
    I go to Pump at the gym, irs the only weight training I do. I have got noticably more toned arms especially

I think it would be expensive to do at home, I use a big range of different weights at the gym, and the step, mat etc.

For me the results come from upping your weights often by sticking an extra kilo on each side wherever possible.
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yep. Taken the classes at my gym before as well as Body Combat. Its awesome =) Give it a try if its available.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Give it a try - I think its an excellent way to be introduced to weightlifting exercises and taught form in a non-intimidating way.
    The exercises you learn there you can then do on your own, with heavier weights for less repetitions et voila, suddenly you're lifting like a pro ;)
  • MissB46
    MissB46 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love pump - I only do once a week as the other pump classes are on when I am working.
    Its a very motivating class and the instructor we have is very, very good. I think its important though to increase your weight once in a while to challenge your body, even if its tough at first....
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love it. I do it at home. I love the Les Mills Pump videos and I have seen great results! It has changed my body like nothing else that I have tried.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Public service announcement
    Please keep in mind it's not really a weight/strength training class- it's cardio. with weights.
  • angeanglade
    Options
    I've heard alot of people say that.. I might dust mine off and try it in feb.. i'm doing T25 now along with some JNL Fusion
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I've done it in gyms but not the BB DVDs. I'd call it 'high rep, low weight resistance' more than 'cardio' but tomato, tomahto...
  • nikki6_2002
    nikki6_2002 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've done it in gyms but not the BB DVDs. I'd call it 'high rep, low weight resistance' more than 'cardio' but tomato, tomahto...

agreed, there's not really a lot of cardio involved. It is definitely a weight/ strength training class, gotta start somewhere with lifting and this is a great environment to do it in.
  • RocknGirl8
    RocknGirl8 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love Les Mills Pump...just need to get back into doing it. Great workout right at home!
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Please keep in mind it's not really a weight/strength training class- it's cardio. with weights.

Agree with this. It will improve your strength some but not like lower rep/heavy lifting will. That being said, it's a great workout. I haven't done it in awhile since I'm focusing on heavier weights but its a really good way to get both cardio and some weights in an hour.
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options

agreed, there's not really a lot of cardio involved. It is definitely a weight/ strength training class, gotta start somewhere with lifting and this is a great environment to do it in.

If you are using heavy enough weights for the squat, back and leg tracks there is definitely a cardio component. I can get my HR high in 6 minutes of squats with no rests.
  • marleezaneshylo
    marleezaneshylo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the at home version (Beachbody version) and i LOVE it!
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    This. I used to do it as a kid, I hated it, but then I hated all exercise then LOL. It's good steady state cardio though