Quest Bars

Options
Quest Bars: Yummy? Nasty? I've heard so many different reviews on them that I'm not sure if I should try them or not! Some people say they love them and that they're the best thing ever, and other people say that they're gross. Opinions? And also, if I try them, what flavor(s) should I try? Thanks in advance!! :smile:

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,620 Member
    Options
    Well, that's just it. Different people, different opinions.

I love them. Some flavors are better in my opinion, than others. I just tried the apple pie last night and it didn't taste appley nor piey to me but it still wasn't bad. My favorites so far are the cookies and cream (OMG it was good!), chocolate chip cookie dough and the raspberry white chocolate (which is weird because I really don't like either of those flavors on their own).

I tend to eat protein bars when I miss having lunch at work and the protein for the calories (20 or 21 protein for 160-210 calories) works for me.

You should definitely buy a couple flavors that sound good to you and make up your own mind.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yep everyone will disagree on that. I don't think they're the best tasting protein bars, personally, but they're healthier, and for the protein and fiber, it's still very good. My favorites are the same - cookies and cream, chocolate chip cookie dough, white chocolate raspberry, and double chocolate chunk (I don't like it as much but it has 30 less calories). Some of the others I didn't like at all. I basically bought a sample pack on amazon to try them, then just tried the new flavors when they came out.

I do microwave them for 15 seconds before I eat them, and it makes them moister, but they are fine otherwise too.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options

You should definitely buy a couple flavors that sound good to you and make up your own mind.

They're not in my opinion.... I've had a lot worse, and I've had some better. I think the Clif protein bars taste better, but I like the Quest bars better because they're so much lower in carbs.

They have a sample pack of 12 different flavors on their web site that you can order... might be helpful in figuring out which flavors you like/don't like. :smile:
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options

I do microwave them for 15 seconds before I eat them, and it makes them moister, but they are fine otherwise too.

Haven't thought about doing that.... will definitely have to give that a try!!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Buy one. Try it. See if you like it. I like them, but I don't eat them all the time. Double chocolate chunk is my fave right now. I also like cashew coconut. Some just have natural sweeteners and others have artificial sweeteners, so read the labels carefullyif that matters to you. You can buy just one at GNC.
  • SEAFOODMAN
    Options
    the besssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst............cookie dough and peanutbutter and jelly are the bombbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

They're not in my opinion.... I've had a lot worse, and I've had some better. I think the Clif protein bars taste better, but I like the Quest bars better because they're so much lower in carbs.

They have a sample pack of 12 different flavors on their web site that you can order... might be helpful in figuring out which flavors you like/don't like. :smile:

Honestly most of the protein bars I've tried taste better.. but yeah, 2g of sugar vs 20g (and 190 calories vs 250 or something), there's a reason they taste better, lol.
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I was at GNC over the weekend and they had a buy 4 get 1 free deal and I got all cookies and cream which was the first flavor I've ever tried. You can mix and match for the deal though I would just do that and get the ones that sound good to you!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars: Yummy? Nasty? I've heard so many different reviews on them that I'm not sure if I should try them or not! Some people say they love them and that they're the best thing ever, and other people say that they're gross. Opinions? And also, if I try them, what flavor(s) should I try? Thanks in advance!! :smile:

I bought a box of chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bars, ate maybe 3 or 4 bars.

I personally am not a fan. I don't like the texture or chewiness.
  • mfoster1019
    mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am a Quest Bar newbie myself. Just had my first one yesterday. It was the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and OMG!!!! It was awesome. I have 6-8 other flavors (bought individual bars at the nutrition store) and I can't wait to try them. I'm so bummed that I still have 1.5 boxes of my old protein bars that I'll have to finish first before committing to Quest full time :smile:

Added bonus...less calories and same protein as the bars I was/am currently using. Plus soooo many other flavor options.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I think that's like asking if tomatoes or cilantro are yummy or nasty. Some people can apparently taste certain things in them that are nasty to them, but that others are taste-blind to. So there's only one way to find out if you will be one of those people.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

I agree. I love Clif bars but can't eat them because I have insulin resistance and hypoglycemia. They are too high carb for me :sad:
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I bought a box of chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bars, ate maybe 3 or 4 bars.

That flavor is definitely my least favorite. In fact I like all the others and avoid that one specifically.
    I personally am not a fan. I don't like the texture or chewiness.

Let me suggest trying again 1) with a different flavor, and 2) after heating one up in the microwave oven for 12 seconds.

I agree, out of the wrapper they are too chewy -- tough, in fact. But out of the microwave oven they are just divine.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    I love Quest Bars and recommend the same flavors everyone else here has said (except for Raspberry White Chocolate because I've not tried it). Cookies and Cream, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Double Chocolate Chunk are my faves. I really like the Apple Pie one too, probably because of the cinnamon that hits my taste buds. The Cashew Coconut is good too.

It's a matter of taste. I did learn that Quest Bars are soy-free which is helpful to a friend of mine who is allergic to soy. If that's a concern for anybody.
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    They satisfy my sweet cravings and are still good for me....and they are filling and always fit in my macros

I love Double Chocolate Chunk warmed up for a few seconds or Brownie.

Give it a try
  • michele_n77
    michele_n77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I ordered a sample pack of two bars for $4 which included shipping from the Quest site. I tried chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate brownie. Loved, loved, loved the cookie dough..enough that I ordered a box from Amazon. By far the best protein bar I've tasted and the best bang for your buck (IMHO).
  • centexhusker
    centexhusker Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Eat em all the time (2 a day)

Looking at the nutrition info of the Strawberry Cheese Cake Flavor

Cal: 160 Carbs: 26g
    Total Fat: 4.5g Dietery Fiber: 17g
    Saturated Fat: 0g Sugars: 2g
    Cholesterol: 5mg Protein: 20g

Low cal, low sugar, low fat and 20gs protein and they don't taste bad! :)
  • hey_nikki
    hey_nikki Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I recently bought Quest Bars a GNC, same promotion as mentioned above. Try them baked cut in half comes out like a cookie delish! I've tried the following so far...

Peanut Butter Supreme, Cinnamon Roll, Banana Nut Muffin, Coconut Cashew, and Vanilla Almond Crunch. Definitely better warmed up. Looking forward to Double Chocolate Chunk and Choc Chip Cookie Dough! mmm
  • witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Just tried my first few today. I had the lemon one, which was hard and terrible. One bite and I was done. I then tried the PB&J which was pretty good. I then tried the strawberry cheesecake. For a protein bar, it was really good.

The nutrition in these bars seems to be better than most and the flavor is better than most I've tried.