I'm so hungry after exercise

Options
I can only workout in the evenings because of work. I have been doing P90X for a few days now, but I can't stay under my calorie goal. I get so hungry a few hours after I workout, right before bed. I don't loose weight well when I eat at night, but I've been so hungry. What do you all do...drink something warm?

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    There is a protein shake that I take by BSN. Their Lean Dessert protein has 20 grams of protein per scoop and only 150 calories. It's very low carb and tastes great. I would recommend a protein shake right after the workout. You need 40-50% for P90X anyway.
  • cindaroses
    Options
    Do you mix it with water or milk?
  • jodi8135
    Options
    i was going to say the same thing either have a protein shake or a protein bar. i have been working out now for about 4months and the first 2 i wasnt losing anything so i upped my protein and now i am losing about 2lbs a week.
    you may have to try a couple different shakes before you find one you like but dont give up
    also i mix my protein powder with milk it makes it alittle creamer and adds alittle extra protein. i use fat free milk
  • bigchick
    Options
    milk or water, water is recommended but if you use milk, use skim milk.. and i would suggest using a blender, like a magic bullet to get rid of all the little powder chunks!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    How hungry are you before your workout? I find it best to have a protein shake before I workout and then a protein rich meal afterward.
  • kitujainen
    kitujainen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    this has been proposed before, but throw couple eggs in the microwave and only 150 calories!
  • cindaroses
    Options
    Not hungry at all before I workout. I usually eat an hour before I workout. But then 2 hours later is when I want to eat everything I see!
  • darbyki18
    darbyki18 Posts: 2
    Options
    i love my fitness pal! my very problem. except i'm more hungry all day =(((( i'm taking notes! thanks!
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    Just reduce your calories intake in the day before working out so you can use it to eat after you work out? I had the same problem because I workout quite late but I just learn to not eat, just drink some water. You will get used to it.
  • fitnesspalmeg
    Options
    When I workout at night I just stick to low carbs. I tend to have a shake or lean chicken. Anything with protein will help with muscle repair. Nothing with much fat or calories. For me it usually fills me up pretty good.