best cure for soreness?

Options
psmd
psmd Posts: 764 Member
Just worked out yesterday after nothing for a month (sick with a horrible cold)--I only spent 30 minutes doing total body lifting, so walking weighted lunges, dead lift, overhead press, leg press, calf raises, and barbell rows.

Today I cannot move!!! I was thinking of going to a yoga class in an hour, or is there anything else I can do? I was planning on lifting next this weekend sometime.

Thanks!

Replies

• tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest an easy cardio session and/or strechting session, but you already said you're going to do Yoga. Go do yoga, feel better about yourself, lift on the weekend.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Yoga or cardio and any stretching are definitely the best.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Ibuprofen and a light (minimal weights) workout to get the blood flowing. Yoga would be good, but it's gonna hurt a bit.

Should be feeling a bit better on Saturday...second day after is always the worst.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Usually the only thing that really helps me is some rest and time. Seems like no amount of stretching, massaging or anything make a difference in my experience.
  • steve_mfp
    steve_mfp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Epsom salt bath for 30 minutes, foam roller and if you can afford it a massage, maybe bribe the SO?
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I think I will try yoga and maybe some ibuprofen after if I need it. Thanks for the suggestions and I'll watch out for tomorrow!
  • laudinka
    Options
    Years ago when I played volleyball my coach always suggested small beer after really hard trainings.
    I found that foods containing gelatine also help [ like little pot of jello or something known as KISIEL [ look it up] ]
    I agree that bath with salts nicely relax muscles. I tend to finish it off with chilled shower, then rub my whole body with lotion.
    Light stretching and keeping ur legs and arms up helps as well, cos lympha is moving around ur body.
    Anyway thumbs up for going back to trainings! KEEP IT UP :)