Lost 100 pounds in 7 months. Pictures

Options
Hi, I am Angela I am 35 years old. I am married with no children and started this loss journey this time weighing in at 370 pounds on July 9th, 2013. Yesterday on February 19, 2014, I had lost 100.4 pounds. weighing in at 269.4 pounds. This is not the first time I have lost that amount it is the second. I have been heavy for most of my life. Even as a teenager, I was overweight, battled with my weight. In August of 2004, I started a very restrictive diet after I had found that I weighed 367 pounds I had lost all that weight and got down to 160-165 pounds, which according to the charts I was still about 5-10 pounds overweight, but I felt great, and kept eating the same things I was doing before but adding a little more food with each meal and kept it off until September 2010 when I started having gallbladder problems and couldn’t eat vegetables and I was also having problems. I had gallbladder surgery, I became anemic, my iron was extremely low, and I was diagnosed with PCOS, all within a couple months of each other. I let all of that get to me and started turning to food again. I became depressed and battle with depression, which made me eat more because I was depressed with in turn made me more depressed. In August of 2011, I moved from Iowa to Connecticut, which was extremely hard on me leaving all of my friends and family behind and moving in with my husband’s family. I had to depend on what they were buying for food to eat, so I gained even more weight, and started having problems with my iron and PCOS really bad again, in and out of doctors and blood work, a cancer scare which turned out negative, which I coped with even more food. I was diagnosed with Endometriosis. Beginning of December of 2012 I was having problems with my back, thinking I slept wrong. After about a week, I got to the point that I couldn’t get out of bed, went to the emergency room and after x-rays and everything I was diagnosed with spondylolisthesis which for those that don’t know what is, it is discs out of place in my back, I had to rest for quite awhile so I wouldn’t reinjure it and have it require surgery. In July of 2013, I decided enough was enough; I had enough back problems, feeling sorry for myself. I was tired of getting sick every day for an entire month because all I mainly ate was processed garbage. I was tired of being out of breath after walking down the street. I had enough, and started watching what I ate, started with my fitness pal in July but then I still had my diary set to private and didn’t have friends on here and would log my food when I remembered. I was still losing weight but didn’t have the support that I needed. After October/November I decided that it would be best for me to get more friends on here and get support from this wonderful community and give support to someone that is struggling I joined Dietbet as well to make me more accountable for my weight by betting money on my weight loss, and if you get your goal then you get your split the money with the other people that had met their goal.
Today to celebrate my hundred pound loss, I went to the gym and did a 5-mile walk, which I didn’t think was possible when I started but I continue to amaze myself all the time. I am also doing my first 5k in April, and another one in July. I decided that my birthday present to myself this year would be to complete a half marathon in October, which is 3 days before my birthday. Sorry for this long post and I wanted to let everyone know if you are struggling out there, keep at it, you can do it and you are worth it.

Picture of me at me right before I started weighing 370 pounds on July 7th, 2013
IMG_0034_zps225a0214.jpg

Picture taken today before going to the gym to workout
IMG_20140220_091740-2_zps563c302a.jpg
Picture was taken of my wedding day weighing around 165 on June 14, 2008

[img]http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz309/Angelalynn101578/Facebook/Wedding Pictures/4679_93065607357_4971434_n.jpg[/img]

Another picture of me around 160-165
[img]http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz309/Angelalynn101578/Facebook/Timeline Photos/aacd2785-441f-44af-a02d-129c93ef38ac_zps4f860451.jpg[/img]

Replies

• SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is absolutely amazing :)
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!!!
  • phys72
    phys72 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! You should be so proud of yourself!
  • Nix_Way
    Nix_Way Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    So proud of you Angela!! :) I'm so proud to be your friend! You are such an insperation to me and to others! You are awesome!! :) HUGS! :)
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Congrats !! Gr8 loss !!
  • Trissyboo
    Trissyboo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You are truly an inspiration especially for those of us who have 100 pounds or more to lose. Congrats!
  • bsbgales
    Options
    Bravo!!!!!
    Debes estar muy feliz e increíblemente satisfecha con tu trabajo. Well done!!
  • FattyFatsoMcTubby
    FattyFatsoMcTubby Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Great job! Very inspirational story, but I came for the Pictures?
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    +1
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    WOW!!

You are very inspiring.

Congratulations, you have done amazing!
  • boyermichael942
    boyermichael942 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Your transformation is beautiful.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

Me too. Love your picture.
  • GaryRZ2020
    GaryRZ2020 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Nice job Angela! Looking good!

I have about 200 to lose-- what is your daily calorie goal?
  • Mylolamia
    Mylolamia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on 100, Angela! Be proud of yourself for your amazing accomplishment. One foot in front of the other will get you to your ultimate goal. You rock, girl!
  • staceybeee
    staceybeee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Your an inspiration :)
  • losing270
    Options
    way to go!!!:flowerforyou:
  • lessofme43
    lessofme43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    inspirational! Only you can change you - way to go!
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Great job Angela!!!
  • JnK619
    JnK619 Posts: 320
    Options
    Wow!
  • ButterflyAngela97
    ButterflyAngela97 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't realize I posted it without the pictures. I went and edited it though. The pictures is there now. My profile has pictues as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!