High Protein/Healthy/Crockpot/Everday Meals

Options
I am on day 4 of using this system and only lost 2 lbs and i have soooo much more to go. Its a struggle. I need to find recipes that fit: FILLING, GOOD, QUICK & EASY

I have 2 nights out of the week that i work late and the rest are early mornings. I have 3 kids, that i still need to make meals for, so any tips or recipes, is much appreciated!

Good Luck to all....MIND OVER MATTER, right!

Replies

• swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great question - I'll be watching for these too!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    2lbs in 4 days is fast, not slow
  • maganann1
    Options
    2lbs in 4 days is fast, not slow

I guess your right lol but when you have a 100 lbs to lose

Im 5 foot and just shy over 200 and its just gross!

Any tips or encouragement is greatly appreciated AJ
  • M_Fitz72
    M_Fitz72 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    One thing I noticed is that your last post was very negative. Stay positive and really see yourself accomplishing your goal. Try to picture how great you're going to feel at the finish line. Also, that 100 pound is the end goal. Set some goals that are more short-term and pick rewards for yourself as you knock them out. This will make that mountain seem a lot smaller and much more attainable. It sounds silly but it really works and you build confidense in yourself at the same time. You can do this! Take it one day at a time. If you fall off the wagon, get right back on it again and move forward. Don't look back.
  • laurarich2014
    laurarich2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Here is my "Taco Soup" recipe that I use a lot in the Winter but is good anytime of the year:

Taco Soup
    1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey, browned and drained. Mix in 1 pkg taco seasoning.
    1-2 cans ranch style beans or black beans drained ( whichever beans you like best really)
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can rotel tomatoes
    1 can corn
    1 small onion diced, if you like spicy then a couple jalapeno peppers also
    Mix all together in your crock pot and cook on low for about 4-5 hrs. You may need to add a little water if it looks too thick
    Garnish with low fat cheddar cheese and green onions.
  • dj59lane
    dj59lane Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I add a can of kidney beans also and don't drain them the protien is great. It freezes well.
  • danagolding
    Options
    I love my slowcooker!! So helpful and such delicious food! Oh and might I add that slow cooker bags are a lifesaver for clean-up! Here are a few links that will hopefully help:

http://www.fitsugar.com/Low-Calorie-Crock-Pot-Recipes-28437951 (haven't actually had the chance to try any of these yet but they look good!)

http://passionatepennypincher.com/2013/08/slow-cooker-chicken-enchiladas/# (there is a little more to these than just throwing everything into a crock pot but they are still relatively simple and oh so delicious!!!)

http://servingsforsix.com/2013/07/bbq-pulled-pork-slow-cooker-sandwiches/ (super easy and YUMMY!! Could also do this with chicken to make it even more protein heavy and a bit "healthier")

http://www.isavea2z.com/50-easy-and-simple-crockpot-recipes/ (Haven't actually tried any of these either but should be good)

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/06/crock-pot-hawaiian-bbq-chicken.html (Haven't tried this one yet either but I like sixsistersstuff!)

http://www.allfreecasserolerecipes.com/Chicken-Casseroles-Recipes/Chicken-Picasso (and this one just for kicks because it was DELICIOUS and super easy, plus I bet you could make it in the slow cooker too!)

That should keep you going for a while. Happy cooking! :flowerforyou:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Here is my "Taco Soup" recipe that I use a lot in the Winter but is good anytime of the year:

Taco Soup
    1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey, browned and drained. Mix in 1 pkg taco seasoning.
    1-2 cans ranch style beans or black beans drained ( whichever beans you like best really)
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can rotel tomatoes
    1 can corn
    Mix all together in your crock pot and cook on low for about 4-5 hrs. You may need to add a little water if it looks too thick

I do something like that too. Main issue is figuring out a serving size, so I always have to guesstimate a bit.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    *jinx* I'm going to fix something very similar tonight! *bump* for more ideas.

FYI: I'm using tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and drained kidney and black beans.

Taco Soup
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can rotel tomatoes
    1 can corn
  • danagolding
    Options
    I do something like that too. Main issue is figuring out a serving size, so I always have to guesstimate a bit.

Just enter your recipe in the recipe calculator in MFP. Either weigh the whole thing or figure out how many cups it is. Decide how big you want the serving to be and then divide total by that number. Whatever number you get is your number of servings that you can enter into the recipe. Then wala... you have your calorie count as well as macro count. :flowerforyou:
  • chubbs43
    Options
    Hi I was just on this web site today great recipes,it's called Emily bites.com
    Hope this helps you,best of luck with your journey.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options

Taco Soup
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can rotel tomatoes
    1 can corn

When making recipes and using the recipe calculator there are a couple of ways to figure out serving sizes -
    For liquids like soups and chili
    Weigh the whole thing then weigh the amount you take then divide = that is the number of servings
    Use a measuring cup and transfer to another container, measuring the number of cups. Take your portion (number of cups) then divide = That is the number of servings.
    For Breads and cakes - precut the whole thing = a slice is a serving.
  • GeminiFitness1
    GeminiFitness1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    3 bean turkey chili in Crock-Pot

serves 6-8

1lbs lean ground turkey

1 small onion chopped

1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes undrained

1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained

1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained

1 can (15 oz)black beans, rinsed and drained

1 can (8oz) Tomato sauce

1 can (4oz) diced mild green chiles

1 or 2 tablespoons chili powder ( I make it with cumen)

Cook and Stir Turkey and onion in medium nonstick skillet or medium high-heat until turkey in no longer pink. Drain and discard fat transfer to Crock-Pot slow cooker.

Add remaining ingredienents , mix well. Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours.

Allrecipes.com is a great website for recipes as well if you have a larger crock-pot you can add more to it.

Keep up the weight-loss.
  • maganann1
    Options
    Wow, what a great support system this is! Thanks for the encouragements and recipes, keep them coming!

I am usually a positive person and I honestly didn't think I was being negative, but after reading, I guess I was, just went through a divorce a few years ago and the verbal of his words still have a hold on me.

I will do this and I believe this will happen due to you wonderful people out there!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    2lb pork sirloin roast
    400g sliced carrots or parsnips
    150g chopped scallions or onions
    250g diced potatoes (sweet or white)
    200g green beans
    One cup chicken broth
    Spices to taste: crushed garlic, thyme, pepper, whatever
    4Tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce

Toss the veggies in the cooker, whisk the broth and seasonings together, pour the liquid over the veggies. Salt & pepper your roast, place it on top of the veggies. Glaze the meat liberally with sweet chili sauce. Cook everything four hours on high or eight hours on low. When it's done you'll have a super tender roast and a bunch of veggies in a thick, highly flavored sauce.
  • bdhu2001
    bdhu2001 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It looks Yumm
  • kblifestyle
    kblifestyle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Super easy and tasty.

Beef stew in the crock pot

http://naturalred.wordpress.com/2013/12/13/crock-pot-beef-stew/
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member