anorexia/ binge eating

Options
2»

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    It does not getter better. It just gets worse. I am in recovery for Binge Eating Disorder and Bulimia after 30 years of not working my plan and trying to solve it on my own. Seek professional help. Eventually it will become such a heavy burden to carry that it will impede all other aspects of your life. Try to solve it before it becomes something you always do.

It is normal for BED to spring from a period of restriction. Don't beat yourself up. I also liked the book Intuitive Eating and also Overcoming Binge Eating Disorder. I did not really like Brain Over Binge but it had some good points about how every time you binge, you hardwire that feedback path into your brain. Stop dieting now and work on this first. That's why I struggled for 30 years. I wouldn't stop dieting long enough to work on my ED.
  • lostmyreligion
    Options
    it is evil. so hard to explain to people who haven't been there.

But i wish you all the luck in the world, you can beat it and finally be free from it. xxx
  • Butterpecan888
    Options
    Thankyou all so much xxx
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    While I do agree that you should seek some professional help, I just wanted to mention some things.

I'm 5'6" and my goal weight is 150-160ish. Since you're at 160, TDEE-20% isn't what I'd do. I'd set it to lose fat/build muscle and start doing strength training. It will allow you to develop good muscle definition while still cutting out fat. So, you'll be leaner, stronger, and able to eat more. :) I use the scooby calculator. For me, TDEE-20% is about 1900 calories, although for your weight it will probably be different.

I started with about 1250 via MFP estimates (I am obese by weight), and I found that it was not sustainable. If you really want to lose the weight, as opposed to just building the muscle definition, eat at maintenance for a couple weeks to see where that puts you and how you feel from it. Then, cut out 100-200 cals/2 weeks until you find a deficit that works for you that will allow you to feel satisfied and not feel the urge to binge.