newb question on workout

Options
That is probably a reçurent question and I am sorry about that.

I wanted to know a few things.

Right now, what I am doing is 5 days a week (Monday - legs/butt, tuesday - arms/chest/(upper back), Wednesday - abs/back, Thursday - legs/butt, Friday - arms/chest/(upper back)). My week ends have to be rest days because I go to my school's gym, which is closed on Saturdays and Sundays. Also, i try to fit a little bit of abs and back workouts on Mondays and Fridays just for the sake of it. Is that too much? Would you have a better planning idea?
(If needed info: I usually drink one protein shake while I change/get home before eating some meat and when I do try to make a smoothie everyday, containing another scoop)

Also, I don't and I can't do serious cardio. It's just boring and long and it's not something that I like to do. Is it okay? (Note: I don't have any weight to lose. All I want to do is get rid of maybe 5-10% of body fat - I don't know what is mine that's why there is no clear number and get strong.)

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Would you have a better planning idea?

I would do a full-body workout every 2-3 days. Mostly compound exercises. It's best to follow an established program (NROL, Stronglifts, etc) instead of creating your own.
    By the way, the protein shakes are probably unnecessary.
  • fitjourneyeg
    Options

I would do a full-body workout every 2-3 days.

Well the thing is, I really like going in the gym. It is literally the only thing I am looking forward to, every day!
  • cpusmc
    cpusmc Posts: 122
    Options
    look at the jamie eason program or any of the female fitness types as they usually have quite a bit of weight lifting incorporated into their programs. And most have it broken out by days so you can pick and choose, use what you like and discard what you dont based on your own goals. nothing wrong with adding protein shakes to your diet to help hit your protein needs, especially when lifting weights.

i think you are on the right track... good luck...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html