Make the water taste better

Options
2»

Replies

• chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    At restaurants, I tend to drink unsweetened iced tea rather than water just for having something with some flavor.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem drinking water, and I only like mine plain (no ice, lemon, etc.); however, someone I know only drinks her water with fresh fruit in it. When I see her, the first thing I do is look at her water bottle to see which fruit is in there. When I don't see anything floating or sitting at the bottom of the bottle (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc.), I always ask what's in the bottle. Lemon has always been the answer.

In reality, when it becomes really important enough to her, she'll just start drinking it.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Why is water better for her?
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Boil it and put a tea bag in it?

Where I am the tap water is just awful - it's bore water and it's full of minerals - eventually it kills hot water systems, kettles, washing machines - you name it and all the mineral deposits will clog it up - goodness knows what it does to your insides. So yes, I understand that not all water is good and not everybody can have a rainwater tank.

As others have suggested lemon, lime, ice - a good bottled water - or just go for the diet soda.
  • davidrip1
    davidrip1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I drink water, but.....It's hard for me to believe that a pinch or two of crystal light will contaminate the beverage.
  • MessyArts
    MessyArts Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    cucumber water, lemon/lime combo. raspberries. once you get used to it diet soda just tastes like chemicals. you couldn't pay me to drink one. it's hard to break the addiction but it's possible. just think about how bad they are for you. good luck!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options
    If you're out for a lovely meal together, why can she not have the beverage of her choice?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    In general, does she like the water in your area? That is, does she drink water at home? If not, then ask for bottled water or fizzy water.

At restaurants, I almost always ask for lemon or lime to squeeze in my water. You can even ask for extras to add more flavor.
  • EveyRose
    EveyRose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I load my water with limes, lemons, mint, and/or cucumbers. I'll defiantly drink it without but I just drink more when its loaded w fruits and veggies

I greatly appreciate your answer and the other member that made a similar comment. I totally understand that drinking water is my best option but I have never been one to be big on drinking water, I'm trying to limit my natural sugars and can't stand the aftertaste of artificial sweeteners, so was very happy to see this thread, I had just made a similar comment on my blog.

As for the folks that made comments along the lines that be an adult just drink your water, I find your comments to be rude since this is a place to help each other and support each other not be mean and belittle people....I am an adult and drink as much water as I can but that doesn't mean it wil be anything I will ever crave and as an adult I can admit that is the way it is for me!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I always ask for extra lemons when we're at a restaurant :) Two seems to make my water taste perfect. I'll admit to drinking a bit of crystal lite when I'm at home, I use one packet for two water bottles and keep them in the fridge... If I don't I'll just drink coffee/diet energy drinks all day. Not the best habit but at least I stay hydrated!
  • dickrocketjones
    dickrocketjones Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    mio
  • Dodorap
    Dodorap Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I pop a sugar-free gum in my mouth then drink up, I find it easy this way and I don't feel nauseous afterwards too.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I add lemon juice and salt sometimes - so it's basically lemonade, except that instead of sweet, it's salty. Better to have a couple of extra mg of sodium in your day than artificial sweeteners or refined sugar, at least for me. And I personally love the taste of salty lemonade. And you can always cut salt somewhere else in your day if you are avoiding sodium. Maybe try that?