How long did it take you to lose 30 lbs

Options
I weigh about 164 in the mornings and highest 168 during the day.
I need to lose 30 pounds how long did it take you to lose 30 pounds, what are you measurements.

Im 5'7" 164 39 33 43

Replies

• KFV45
    KFV45 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am almost your same measurements. I am 5'7 and at my highest I weighed 173. My size 14 pants were getting tight. What worked for me was cutting back on portion sizes (while still eating my favorite things), just a lot less of it. AND...walking every single day at a fast pace (45 min). Sometimes I took one day off a week to rest. It took me about 6 to 8 months. For me, I have watch what I eat and be consistent with exercise. I have maintained my weight loss for 5 years now and weigh anywhere from 135 to 140. I added strength training to my routine 2 1/2 years ago and that has helped me tone up. I still have work to do though. Stick with it, consistency is the key.
  • sunshine1082
    sunshine1082 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'7". I started at just under 172 lbs, and am now almost 140 lbs. I think my current measurements are 35-28-37, but I can't remember for sure. It took me about six months to lose 30 lbs. However, I am not the most accurate logger, so it may be taking me longer than it would for others who are better about that. I will say that the first 20 lbs came off very easily and consistently at 1 lb a week. After that things slowed down, which is to be expected as you get into a healthy weight range.
  • yukifer
    Options
    I needed to lose about 35lbs. I'm halfway to my goal and it has taken me about two months. I expect another two or three more to get to my goal, but I am allowing myself four.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    9 months or so which is what I would highly suggest. 1lb/wk for the first 15-20lbs and then .5lb/wk after that which will give you 40-45 weeks or so. This will limit how much muscle you lose especially if you weight train and get enough protein. It'll help if you look the way you want when you get to goal rather than just getting there quickly.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Still working on losing 30 lbs. Started at about 170 and in the low 140s now. I started in July though I had a break for a few weeks due to vacations. I'm 5'6". You're only slightly taller than me and a little lighter than I was when I started.

I'd give yourself around 6-7 months at least. That would allow a moderate deficit of about 1 lb per week, but you wouldn't starve yourself or lose too much muscle mass.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    approx. 3 months.

I am 5'10" and am now around 265. I used to be approx. 330
  • tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I started tracking in October. I hit 30 lbs toward the end of January, with the holidays and an all inclusive vacation during that time. So about 3.5 to 4 months.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Starting losing weight around Thanksgiving, have lost close to 20 lbs, so probably another month or two (4-5 months total) to hit 30 lbs. Started with 45 lbs to lose.
  • amrichards0711
    amrichards0711 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started just over 6 months ago, and I've lost 25 pounds. I agree with those who say that the first 20 pounds come off the fastest. I am struggling with these last 10 pounds, but I am getting there slowly.

I started at 167, and I currently weigh 142. My original goal was to lose the weight by the middle of March (for my wedding anniversary). I might not quite make it, but I hope to have lost the rest of this weight by Easter.