hello there to repeat offenders

Options
maryjay52
maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
i cant seem to get my groove on here ..keep starting and stopping ..will someone be willing to kidnap me for a month?? i was so dedicated for two years and lost 80 lbs ..gained part of it back and seem to just not be doing what im supposed to do. yikes ..well im back due to a phone call from my daughter this morning.she caught me on time before i was going to make pancakes.. i need some encouragment to stick with it this time around

Replies

• FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    *wave* I wouldn't call myself a repeat offender, more like a repeat... staller XD At the beginning of my journey when I heard people say that weight loss was 90% mental I scoffed. 1.5 yrs later and yeah... yeah they were right. The general weight trend has been downwards but I'll fall off the wagon for weeks or months at a time. Hoping this time around I can shape my life and schedule around supporting health and fitness much more than I have in the past. Feel free to add me, I know what it's like not to have the _____ to plow straight through to the finish line and keep going past it ;)
  • YoCuzzinRaeRae
    YoCuzzinRaeRae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here.... It's really difficult for me to stay consistent. I eat well 2 of 7 days... work out 2 of 7- then I'll miss three weeks and go back to 3 days on 4 days off for a while. I just don't know...
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Lost 80, gained 100 .-.
    I don't think it gets much worse than that.
    Feel free to add me if you want some extra support <3 It's tough.
  • kstob1990
    kstob1990 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I always get so amped on my workouts and stick with it for three weeks...and then I get sick or I miss a day because well...life.. and next thing I know I skip the following day...and the following. so frustrating! feel free to add me!
  • shannonshay1
    shannonshay1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I understand completely. I haven't been able to get things moving in the right direction either. I have started and stopped to many times. i decided to try something new . . . carb cycling but this is only day 2. I also bought a fitbit and hopefully that will also help. I am trying to beat my numbers from the previous day. So far things are good and I am feeling motivated. Feel free to add me. We can encourage each other.
  • Sigmatam
    Options
    Same way with me as well. I start out well, but then fall off the bandwagon. When I start out, I feel a bit obsessive logging everything I eat. It's really tough when you make small mistakes. Two pieces of chocolate from Valentine's Day were essentially half my calories today. I have a family birthday party tonight as well, so it's going to be brutal. Yesterday, my husband was very stressed with me since my dinner was very small. Like all of you, it also seems like everytime I get things moving, there is something to hold it up. A few weeks ago it was a small foot injury. This week I ended up passing out (I have syncopy and triggered a spell by bumping my knee) and have been afraid to go to the gym since sometimes I get dizzy while working out. I'm hoping not to fall off the bandwagon again, but really need to make it to the gym 3 days a week on a consistent basis. On the bright side, my fitbit has helped me even though I'm not a consistent wearer.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    oh this is me for sure: a repeat offender. this is the fourth maybe fifth time that I have lost a big amount but gained it back. I am great at the losing thing but when I get to goal I just stop caring and live life like its a party or something. then dam, my clothes start "shrinking", I started eating whatever I want again, I don't get on a scale, can we all say denial. Once I finally get my motivation again, I get on a scale and am like how did that happen? I am so fat. I been up and down with my weight since my first son was born almost 21 years ago. This time I say no more. I just want to be at a good looking and healthy size and learn to maintain it in a healthy way. The maintaining part is the part I am looking forward to. The losing part and getting stronger I think I got in the bag. I had a taste of maintaining this time around in January when I had a lot of stuff going on and the holidays and cold weather making me lazy. I at least maintained my weight. Now I am back to the losing but it takes daily motivation and willpower for sure. Thank goodness for facebook groups, mfp and youtube and of course my husband. They keep me on track.
  • susan12c2001
    susan12c2001 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You have already started and proved to yourself you can do this!!!
  • susan12c2001
    susan12c2001 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya girl!
  • Ashley2Bfit
    Options
    I just recently purchased a bowflex treadclimber. for the first month I was on it every single day for 30 minutes! After that month, I realized I didn't lose too much weight/ inches so I just became unmotivated. I figured if I joined MyFitnessPal, I would get helpful hints to bring back that motivation that I once had! LOL, Now I exercise and eat right, for about a day and then I become real lazy and I hate it!! I need to find a DVD that I can work out to!
  • MsMaryMac48
    MsMaryMac48 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo there!! I too lost over 75 lbs about four year ago and kept off most of it but twenty five pounds has somehow crept its way back on. Trying to get in the groove again as well. Finding encouragement here from others with a similar struggle. My daughter is getting married in October so that is a bit of a push but motivation is short lived most weeks. Glad to have a friend to encourage that knows how hard it is to "do it AGAIN!" How did I let this happen.... it was hard enough the first time.
  • MsMaryMac48
    Options
    I have to play games with myself and set little mini goals. I like you am very focused for a while. So this time I set a goal to record 50 miles and then I would treat myself to a pedicure. Every 50 miles I get a pedicure.... some come sooner than others but it's a start.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    *wave* I wouldn't call myself a repeat offender, more like a repeat... staller XD At the beginning of my journey when I heard people say that weight loss was 90% mental I scoffed. 1.5 yrs later and yeah... yeah they were right. The general weight trend has been downwards but I'll fall off the wagon for weeks or months at a time. Hoping this time around I can shape my life and schedule around supporting health and fitness much more than I have in the past. Feel free to add me, I know what it's like not to have the _____ to plow straight through to the finish line and keep going past it ;)

I like that term "repeat staller". Thats the point I'm at. I want to lose more (or at least I think I do since I haven't been focused enough to actually do it) and I gained 8lbs from my lowest weight so I know I *need* to get back into it but I keep... well, stalling. Taking a little break here and there... A little break that lasts a month or two...

Im getting my rear in gear now, though, because I don't want to ruin all the hard work that got me this far!
  • MsMaryMac48
    Options
    I understand completely. I haven't been able to get things moving in the right direction either. I have started and stopped to many times. i decided to try something new . . . carb cycling but this is only day 2. I also bought a fitbit and hopefully that will also help. I am trying to beat my numbers from the previous day. So far things are good and I am feeling motivated. Feel free to add me. We can encourage each other.

I would love to hear more about the fitbit. What do you think about it, how does it work. I have seen several advertisements but have been skeptical. I LOVE the idea of competing with myself trying to beat my numbers.
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options

I like that term "repeat staller". Thats the point I'm at. I want to lose more (or at least I think I do since I haven't been focused enough to actually do it) and I gained 8lbs from my lowest weight so I know I *need* to get back into it but I keep... well, stalling. Taking a little break here and there... A little break that lasts a month or two...

Im getting my rear in gear now, though, because I don't want to ruin all the hard work that got me this far!

Haha it's nice to meet a fellow staller ;) Losing focus is definitely part of my problem, the second half is freaking out at seeing the numbers drop. As someone who's been a big girl her whole life, seeing numbers I haven't seen in years give me a mental pretzel. Then I get over it... and rinse and repeat LOL