Not losing weight..

Options
Have been going to the gym everyday, doing 30-45 min cardio and 20min weights. Stepped on the scale today but weight is still the same but i have lost an inch around my bum and hips. Is this normal? If so when will the weight start to go?

p.s sorry for stupid question...

Replies

• awkwardlyhannah
    awkwardlyhannah Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Remember that muscle weighs more than fat… and you're gaining muscle! You'll lose inches but stay the same weight for a little while. It's been recommended to me to lose half my weight just by cardio and then adding weights… but it's different for everyone.
  • JulieMorelli
    Options
    Actually, muscle takes up less space than fat...
  • brasgold
    brasgold Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is about food not exercise. You can't exercise off a bad diet. Count your calories that's how you lose. Exercise for your heart
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Remember that muscle weighs more than fat… and you're gaining muscle! ne.
    IXUO5zJ.gif
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Have been going to the gym everyday, doing 30-45 min cardio and 20min weights. Stepped on the scale today but weight is still the same but i have lost an inch around my bum and hips. Is this normal? If so when will the weight start to go?

p.s sorry for stupid question...
    Questions:
    1. How long have you been doing this?
    2. Are you accurately logging your food? All of it? I mean. weighing it out?
    3. How much are you eating?
  • techinteaching
    techinteaching Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Been seriously going to a Boot Camp type gym for 3 months,,, the first weeks the #s fell off.... then nothing.
    Suggest 2 things:
    1-measure yourself at arms, bust, waist & belly button, hips and thighs [ you can record in MFP]
    2-Also a part of TIGHT pants, or dress

Keep up your routine, be honest with your food diary.,,,, stay off the scale,,,,, in 2-3 weeks, pull out the measuring tape and pants

Myself, lost total of 4-5 inches in places but nothing on the scale for 4 weeks
    THEN this week 2 pounds!!! and the pants are again wearable!!!
  • jkolbe94
    Options
    I didn't step on the scale for the first three weeks of diet and exercise, and after that I stepped on the scale for the first time. In two weeks since I weighed in I've dropped 8 pounds. I knew I'd gain muscle in my legs from all the cardio I was doing, and I haven't noticed any big differences in my shape, just that I've gotten stronger and my stamina is better. Some days, though, my stamina is nonexistent, and I just have to push through it. It takes 2 weeks for you to notice slight changes, 4 for friends and family, and 6 for the rest of the world to notice. Keep going.