Police Officer Likes Donuts :)

Options
Yes it's true I am a police officer that likes donuts! My name is Dan and I am 33 years old. I have been a police officer since 2007 having been a corrections officer prior. I found out today my department is going to be instituting a yearly physical fitness test that my employment can very well depend on. As the father of two beautiful kids I have to get myself down from 290 pounds to 220 by mid June 214 to ensure they have a roof over their heads. This is a fight for my life as well as theirs and I am ready to finally kick it in the butt. I hope to meet some good folks on here and share in success with them.

Replies

• CocoLaMocha
    Options
    Talk about pressure! and motivation. My advice would be to start off slow so you don't get overwhelmed or stressed. Start buying healthy foods YOU like to eat. Start exercising slow and listen to your body, drink lots of water. The first week or two, you're likely be sore. You'll be surprised how fast your body adapts and grows stronger. That's when you start pushing yourself a little more and more each workout. Good luck on your journey!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!!
  • kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Love the title of your topic "Police Officer Likes Donuts"!

I'll send you an invite! This is my second time on MFP - the first time I lost 35 pounds! I find this site full of great people and they are so helpful with motivation!

I have 50+ pounds I'd like to lose myself. We can help motivate each other!

:happy:
  • Sweetie_darling
    Sweetie_darling Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck :)
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I'm on here everyday, so please feel free to add.

My dad was a polieman so I know all about what the job includes.

Motivation comes in many forms. It's harsh, but you've done the right thing it can be done. I lost 2 stone in a little over 3 months when I started.
  • Deadlay
    Deadlay Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    We have annual medicals and physicals as well. Feel free to add me.
  • perplexingpurple
    Options
    Great thread name :) welcome and good luck! Feel free to add me for support if you want!
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Having spent time as a firefighter, a paramedic, and a police officer myself, there is a certain spot in my heart for public servants. My field career ended when I was struck by a car in the line of duty, resulting in the loss of my left leg. I can never return to the jobs I used to do, but I am an EMS Communications Dispatcher for a Level I Trauma Hospital in Kansas and a 911 dispatcher and I sure as hell can support them as best as I possibly can. I would be honored to be one of your friends on your journey to better health young man!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I think donuts are yummy and cops are hot!!! Good luck. I still eat donuts but not very often.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    what's goin on brother! you can do it man. you will be better off at your goal weight anyway! just think of the perps you will be able to chase down and body slam when all is said and done! lol
  • cpcoursec
    cpcoursec Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My story is much like yours but in reverse. Started out as a police officer and then went into Federal Corrections. My weight started at 287 and my goal is 220. Add me as a friend, I will be happy to help in any way I can.
  • apieceofenergy
    Options
    Dispatcher here, brother! We co-exist I suppose. The best thing I did for my weight loss was to buy a kitchen scale and weigh out everything i eat. I can account for every gram of food I've eaten (save for my cheat day Dec. 31) since Dec. 1, 2013. I'm down from 393 to 342 so far, consider going that route while you start working out to pass that test man. Good luck!
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Just to give you the high-voltage jumpstart you need, start with this post below. And good luck to you!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • v1477
    v1477 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey I am a CO and a mom of 2 boys! I get the constant stream of donuts and treats calling all shift!! I have gained 40lbs in 6 yrs sitting behind the walls and it is time to get them off. For my health my family and my safety! Feel free to add me
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I promise you can do this :]
  • glortard
    glortard Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Good luck.
    Would be an idea if you are not already doing it to practice the fitness test that will be used.