1200 Cals - tips,

Options
I am gearing up to go full on calorie counting (again) from next week.

I am currently just overweight - but not happy with my weight, I'm 10st 7, and at 5ft 3 I am most comfortable between 9st and 9st 5lbs.

I have put weight on in the past few years due to comfort eating - I won't go into the whys and sob story here though...

So anyone else on 1200 cals? - how do you manage that amount best? at most I am going to be able to do 30 - 45 mins exercise a day during the week.

MFP expects me to lose 1lb a week ideally i'd hope for 2lbs to come off a week to keep me motivated....

Is anyone achieving a 2lb loss a week on 1200 cals......Advice and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    With only 8 lbs to lose, I highly suggest finding a less aggressive deficit.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

This is a great read
  • aditya2491
    aditya2491 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes, i managing a loss of 1kg (approx 2lbs) a week. You can check my diary out. I tend to eat a little around 1200-1300 cal a day. My progress so far is 3.9 kgs in around 25 days.
    I live in a hostel so i dont really have control on what food my mess provides, but i have a strict policy of;
    1) No potatoes
    2) No fried stuff
    3) No sweets
    4) No eating at random times

If at times i feel I have eaten more during the first half of my day i eat light the next half. I have found stuff that i can find around me that are more filling and less on the calories. You can do that depending where you are (mainly depends on where you live)

P.S. Have a cheat meal once in a while. Out of my 25 day streak i had 1 cheat lunch (but i compensated by ditching dinner that day)

Hope it helps. Hit me up if you need any more help :)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Eat more food is the best advice. Use a less aggressive goal then fit normal food within a reasonable calorie goal (you should be able to eat at least 300 calories more). Don't deprive yourself as all that happens is you'll fail anything within moderation and within your calorie goals. I don't believe in 'Cheat' meals as what are you cheating against if you cant fit occasional 'Naughty Treats' within your normal calorie defecit it's not going to be sustainable long term You don't have a lot to lose so it will be slow more likelt .5 of a pound or less a week so don't expect too much. If you're consistent it will come off though

Also some exercise find something you like doing even if it's just walking something you can keep up.