What can i eat with pork loin? (dinner)

Options
never had it before... not really sure what it goes with?

Replies

• tegalicious
    Options
    We do red potatoes and green beans at my house! I have beets on the side too but my boyfriend thinks I am crazy for that lol! Cooked spinach is also a good side dish for pork!
  • losinglbslovinglife
    Options
    veggies?

I usually eat pork with broccoli & carrots, although I may be a bit of a strange one. :P
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,013 Member
    Options
    Take your favorite side dishes or even ones that aren't, then add pork loin.......your welcome. :happy:
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I had pork loin the other night with baked sweet potatoes and steamed green beans...yum!
  • LizN63
    LizN63 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Usually mashed potatoes and sliced green cabbage go well, if you're cooking it in some kind of sauce.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Rice cooked up with onions, garlic, peppers, mushrooms, herbs and chicken stock. If you want to keep the carbs low use a little rice and a lot of veg.
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I had pork loin last night! I paired it with a baked potato and sauteed broccoli.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Apple sauce.
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Mashed sweet potatoes.
    Roasted green apple mashed potatoes.
    Orange ginger glazed carrots with chipotle spice.
    Coat it in raspberry chipotle sauce and stuff with a portobella mushroom confit.
    Coat in barbeque sauce and roll in pecans. Serve with a roasted apple sauce.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Mashed sweet potatoes.
    Roasted green apple mashed potatoes.
    Orange ginger glazed carrots with chipotle spice.
    Coat it in raspberry chipotle sauce and stuff with a portobella mushroom confit.
    Coat in barbeque sauce and roll in pecans. Serve with a roasted apple sauce.

Man you had me at sweet potato!!!!

I was just going to say - more pork loin but what you've put sounds shweet!!
  • Dahamac
    Dahamac Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My wife and I eat this almost weekly:

Pan seared pork loin lightly seasoned with a Morton's mix or Chili powder & pepper

Standard Sides
    Peas and Carrots - canned no salt added preferred

When extra Carbs are needed added baked sweet potato, I eat the sweet potato plain but my wife loves it with butter and cinnamon.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Anuything really.

I have a bsic stew recipe I do at least a coupe of times a month where you stew the loin sliced with some paprika and red wine (or touch of tomato if you don't like the wine). You can either have this with any side using the stew sauce as a low-cal version of gravy, or you can add when the meat is almost done any ingredient to the stew; I especially like adding leeks to the stew with a side of rice. Or for a more decadent option you can make the mother of all mashed potatoes and serve the meat and stew sauce over that. Or add to the stew potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, a sausage and a bit of dill pickled cucumbers for hunter's style stew as it's called where I come from.

Or cut a deep slit in the meat and stuff with stuffing of your choice and roast (preferably covered in something - ham or herbs topping, so it doesn't dry out. A great way to wow guests and not go overboard on calories.

Add rosemary when pan-searing or roasting, or paprika and garlic, or honey and mustard, or applesauce, whatever....

Wrap in phylo to roast.

Make medalions, roast with a topping of cheese or whatever.

That's my staple meat really, so I could go on forever...
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I like to cook pork loin in the slow cooker in chicken broth and apple cider vinegar, then put kale in about half an hour before ready to eat, easy to cook, easy clean up, yummy!