stalling..

Options
iv lost around 10 lb so far and its taken me ages but iv been the same weight for a few weeks now and my weight loss has stopped, iv increased my cardio because i broke my collar bone in December so cant do any upper body strength. iv upped my carb intake and lowered my protein slightly and log everything i eat, im becoming frustrated!

i work out 6 days a week, cardio 4 times and 2 times lower body strength/power.

daily calories are between 1300-1600 depending on what training.

should i eat less or do more? im doing a lot of cardio so id struggle with that one :(

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Open diary will bring more responses.

No idea why extra carbs would help. In general higher protein diets are better for weight loss.

Some clue about your goals and current stats would help too
  • MemphisHellFire
    MemphisHellFire Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    sorry yes ill make it open, i upped my carbs because of the amount of cardio im doing, i couldn't train as much as i do on a low carb diet, i lowered my protein to cut calories but increase on leg day. im trying to keep as much muscle as i can but shed the fat.:)

stats-

5'3
    HW - 150
    CW - 140
    GW - 120/125

waist - 27inc from 31

body fat is apparently still at 33% despite loosing
  • MemphisHellFire
    Options
    made my diary open :)
  • KatherinesRiver
    Options
    More water.
  • MemphisHellFire
    Options
    i drink about 2-3 litre per day!
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    eat less
  • 4Healthyliving
    4Healthyliving Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there my name is Sharon Have you considered detoxing on a cellular level?
    Like every things that "does work" you need a major overall every 6month to a year. Our organic bodies are no different.
    Every day work our bodies build up toxin from it's daily work and if you live a city urban life style (western diet) that toxic build up happen pretty fast. Just like out teeth you need more than daily brushing but a deep cleaning.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    No derby girl can survive on that little food! If you're doing strength training to improve your performance then you need to fuel those muscles. Girls on our league calculate practices and scrimmages a little different. I personally count scrimmages and regular practices at about 400 calories per hour, and then endurance practices at 600 calories per hour.

Have you ever used a calculator like this to figure out your BMR and TDEE? Like this one http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Also, I personally broke my collarbone THREE times before I had to medically retire :(

EDIT TO ADD: Now that I've viewed your diary, you're DEFINITELY not eating enough.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Ignore the poster who said eat less. With as active as you are, you might want to consider eating more, especially trying to eat back more of your exercise calories and getting more protein into your diet. It sounds like you're doing all the exercise you're physically able to right now, so I wouldn't push yourself to do any more.

What you're eating looks good. Could it be an issue of how much you're eating? Do you weigh your food? If not, you might think about getting a food scale. I got mine a few weeks ago, and after a few months of only maintaining, I've lost 1.5 pounds this week. Weighing what I've been eating lately has helped me realize I had been eating a lot more than I thought I was.
  • MemphisHellFire
    Options
  • MemphisHellFire
    Options
    thanks for the responses, i feel like im already eating a lot since most of my meals are large portions of veggies, i do weigh most my food like cereal and new items but i am pretty good at measuring my veg portions from eye. im worried about eating more because im trying to shed some fat, but i do burn most of what i eat everyday. im not sure how much higher to eat and what to eat more of?

WBB55 - i don't know exactly how much i burn in my workouts that's why i do so much, haha when i jam i burn myself out! broke your collar bone 3 times?! poor lass, do you ref now or are you done with derby? iv had 4 broken bones in my 2 years of derby, when i go back this time i'm going to ref for a bit until i can get my upper body strength back :D