Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Mike and I'm a 54 year-old dad, husband, teacher, and doctoral candidate. My two kids are young - 7 and 9 - so I want to get back in shape for them and myself. I'm currently about 25 pounds overweight and have to find time to get back in shape. I'm also diabetic and have largely ignored that and it's getting worse.

I saw MtFitPal mentioned in a book I read and thought this would be good to get me going. Right now I'm trying early morning workouts every day. I realize that motivation is key. I think the help and support of the forums here will be key to my success.

Thanks to anyone who has read this and hopefully I can be an active and productive member of this site.

Mike L.
Boston, MA

Replies

• lisatrish
    lisatrish Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! The support and motivation you get on this site are great. I have found that the people are helpful and very friendly. Good luck on your journey. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • NC_Sean
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a fellow husband & dad looking too. Sounds like we have the same motivations. Feel free to add me.
  • SavageAbbey
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Mike and I'm a 54 year-old dad, husband, teacher, and doctoral candidate. My two kids are young - 7 and 9 - so I want to get back in shape for them and myself. I'm currently about 25 pounds overweight and have to find time to get back in shape. I'm also diabetic and have largely ignored that and it's getting worse.

I saw MtFitPal mentioned in a book I read and thought this would be good to get me going. Right now I'm trying early morning workouts every day. I realize that motivation is key. I think the help and support of the forums here will be key to my success.

Thanks to anyone who has read this and hopefully I can be an active and productive member of this site.

Mike L.
    Boston, MA

I'm glad you're getting your health in check. Especially for your little kiddos. Take that first step and don't look back!! You can do this!
  • SimplyMeKim
    SimplyMeKim Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome - MFP is a great tool and community.