5ft 2in goal 126lbs! rethinking

Options
Hey

I'm not the tallest woman at 5ft 2 I thought a goal off 126lbs was ideal and doubted if i would be able to get this low :laugh: now that I'm only 6lbs pounds away from this :bigsmile: I am no where near how id hoped i would look, still have big thighs and large tire around my tummy :mad:

is there any short ladies out there who had similar problem what size did you get to in the end

45011207.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I think you have to change your goal from losing weight to lowering your body fat%. Do you know your BF%?
  • fatzant
    Options
    Im ashamed to say i have no idea :embarassed: very high im guessing:grumble:
  • luckeyfrog
    luckeyfrog Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Less about food, more about exercise!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    This is a very quick estimator, if you have a tape measure (they cost about $1)

https://www.active.com/fitness/calculators/bodyfat#

I'm not saying you might not want to end up about 5 lbs. lighter, but I bet your issue is that you have a high BF%, and that's why you still think you look overweight (even though you're not technically overweight).

Edit to add: for this calculator, the waist is at your narrowest point, holding the tape measure level, flat against you, but not snug so it's digging in. The hips is at the widest measurement. The wrist is at the narrowest. The forearm is of your dominant arm, at its widest point.
  • fatzant
    Options
    Less about food, more about exercise!

currently doing 4 classes a week

2 x bokwa (dance/boxing great fun good laugh gets a good sweat going)
    1 fight club ( exactly what it says on the tin)
    1 feel the burn class <
    that's a killer muscles hurt i didn't know i had lol
  • fatzant
    Options
    This is a very quick estimator, if you have a tape measure (they cost about $1)

https://www.active.com/fitness/calculators/bodyfat#

I'm not saying you might not want to end up about 5 lbs. lighter, but I bet your issue is that you have a high BF%, and that's why you still think you look overweight (even though you're not technically overweight).

Edit to add: for this calculator, the waist is at your narrowest point, holding the tape measure level, flat against you, but not snug so it's digging in. The hips is at the widest measurement. The wrist is at the narrowest. The forearm is of your dominant arm, at its widest point.

looks like ill be investing in a tape measure thank you:flowerforyou:
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and had a goal of 121, but had to change it when I hit 125 because I didn't feel the need to get any leaner. I was approx. 20% BF at that point and could wear a size 4. I have since gained back some weight and have a goal of about 128-132 and ~23-25%. Body composition is often what people discover to be important after losing the initial weight. Losing more weight probably won't get you where you want to be. Losing fat and preserving the lean mass (muscle) will help. This can be done with some added strength training and a good amount of protein in the diet.

There are many online calculators that can help give you an estimate on BF%. They are not pinpoint accurate, but they will give you a general idea.

I have some comparison/progress photos in my profile if you want to look at what body composition can do. I don't think the scale is the best thing to set goals to since I can look good even at higher weights with the right BF%.
  • fatzant
    Options
    I am 5'2" and had a goal of 121, but had to change it when I hit 125 because I didn't feel the need to get any leaner. I was approx. 20% BF at that point and could wear a size 4. I have since gained back some weight and have a goal of about 128-132 and ~23-25%. Body composition is often what people discover to be important after losing the initial weight. Losing more weight probably won't get you where you want to be. Losing fat and preserving the lean mass (muscle) will help. This can be done with some added strength training and a good amount of protein in the diet.

There are many online calculators that can help give you an estimate on BF%. They are not pinpoint accurate, but they will give you a general idea.

I have some comparison/progress photos in my profile if you want to look at what body composition can do. I don't think the scale is the best thing to set goals to since I can look good even at higher weights with the right BF%.

since i started exercising my weight loss has slowed but i feel i'm looking a bit better (work trouser are defiantly not as tight) so I'm ok if the scales DONT going down long as the wobbly bit are getting firmer, Taken many years off thinking the number on the scale is what matter, to actually thinking about lookng in a mirror to see how i feel about it