Milestones.

Options
Feel free to share - what are your 'milestones' that you've overcome? Not long ago, I reached a scientifically 'healthy' weight - now I've crossed the 10st bridge! 9.13! :D

What are the biggest milestones you've hit/ hope to hit? :)

Replies

• kidde029
    kidde029 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    you just reminded me that now im under 12 stone I am now longer obese!!! now just got to get to where you are and ill be healthy. cant wait for that day :) Congrats :)
  • knot_enough
    knot_enough Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    first time i ran a 5k. I was never an athlete so it meant a lot to me.
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    running 5k, when a couple of months before had thrown up after running for 60 seconds!

getting back into my "nemesis" skirt!
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hit one today, all though it is not official until I weigh in on Monday, but I hit ONEderland this morning.
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Just the other day, I went from "over weight" to "healthy"! Congrats to you on your milestone!!!
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have had a great week...

I went from obese to overweight on Monday,

got 2 unexpected checks in the mail on Tuesday,

was able to go to a size xl from 2x in Nike running shorts and met a cute guy on Wednesday,

Thursday got to see one of my best friends who I hadn't seen since November/December and set up a date with a guy I meet in January for Saturday night,

and hit ONEderland this morning.

There are only a couple things I can think of that could possibly make this week better.
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got under 40% BF!! That made me happy :)
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I had two weight-related goals that I've reached!

1) Get under 200 pounds.

2) Get into misses clothing.

I never thought I'd see the day where the smallest plus-sized clothing would be laughingly large on me, but that's where I am. Now my goal is to get into the next dress size down and maintaining.

Now, my main goal was to be healthy, and that's happened. I went into this adventure with high blood pressure, moderately high cholesterol and pre-diabetic. I had blood work done last month and my blood pressure and sugars are normal and the bad cholesterol was so low it didn't even register on the blood test. The nurse said that she didn't have to yell at me for anything because everything was where it should be!
  • buchanan700
    Options
    Some fantastic stories, well done! :)
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Milestones since November:

Dropped over 23 inches.
    Exercise pants fell down while working out. DOWN.
    Wearing pants that I couldn't get past my thighs in October.
    Having absolutely NOTHING in my closet that fits-even previously "skinny" clothes.
    Broke up with food. I am not feeling emotionally attached anymore. (HUGE)

And today's milestone? I hit ONEderland. :drinker:
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Reached a small mile stone today. When we joined the gym in Dec. they gave us a "target" weight. Somehow they came up with 185 for me. At 6' that seemed high and I've set a goal of 175 for myself, at least initially. I may try to gain some muscle weight once I get there.

However, it did feel nice to get on the scale today and see that 185 goal met. My new body fat monitor says 21.0%. Next goal is to get to "normal" on the BMI charts. That's only a couple of pounds away.

More importantly, when I saw my Dr. a few weeks ago, he prescribed a second medication for high BP. I really didn't want to take it, but with 135/80 numbers, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to avoid it. Happy to say, yesterday I was at 125/72. And my resting heart rate has gone from 80 to 65. It would seem my heat is a happier muscle than it used to be, and that is a very good thing.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    So far...

Under 300

No longer morbidly obese

Fitting into booths, chairs with arms, roller coasters, etc...comfortably and easily

Under 200 AKA "Onederland"

Shopping almost exclusively in the misses and juniors sections. I am now in a 14 in most things which can be plus at times...but no more "true" plus sizes.

Victoria's Secret - being unafraid to go in, and wearing a medium in some of their panties and a large in others.

Just at the very very bottom of obese, getting quite close to overweight and "just overweight" by one chart I've viewed.
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This morning, I put on a a pair of boots I bought even though they didn't quiet get over my calves. Today, they slid on problem free and I wasn't sweating at the end of it. Also, I got mistaken for a thinner red head in the office from the back...soo... I was pretty stoked.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    (edit) I quoted snippets from all the posts, but it got really long. lol Deleting that part so as not to make a mess, but...

Congratulations to everyone!! These are super and I love reading threads like this. Really helps keep me motivated. Awesome to see so many people working so hard and seeing such super results!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!