Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Can't resist temptation at work!!!

HELP! I work in a solicitors office and we have a little supermarket next door. Nearly every day someone brings in chocolate or biscuits or sweets and I find it so hard not to eat them!
Anyone have any good tips???

Replies

• steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    yeah....say "no thanks"
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Say no.

Scientific explanation over.
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Ask yourself if you're hungry or if you're just craving a biscuit. If you're hungry then you will be happy to eat something healthy instead. I have the same issue where I work and will crave biscuits if I'm bored or stressed. I know I am an emotional eater. I tend to drink peppermint tea at work since the flavour puts me off eating anything sweet.
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Bring in crunchy carrot and celery sticks to munch when you feel like a biscuit.
    Walk around the office for 5 mins when you feel yourself weakening
    Drink a glass of water
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Tell them no enough times and eventually they will quit asking. Then we will have a new thread topic.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    you can't.... or you don't want to?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    yeah....say "no thanks"

this!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    You can A) make it fit in your calories for the day or B) Decline.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    You just have make the decision. Which do you want more, that sweet or to meet your goal?
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    yeah....say "no thanks"

^^This method works for me. :smile:
  • My issue is at night. I am not even hungry, just weak willpower.
    I sabbatoge every night recently. HELP - how to I get this demon off my back?
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,855 Member
    Look at the people bringing these delicious treats to the office. . if they are overweight. . ask yourself. . do I want to look like that? If they are skinny and beautiful, say to yourself: "She's doing this to me on purpose. .that b**tch" and show her you're your OWN boss!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    My issue is at night. I am not even hungry, just weak willpower.
    I sabbatoge every night recently. HELP - how to I get this demon off my back?

is it really sabotage if you're doing it to yourself?
  • Discipline: Working toward what you want MOST over what you want NOW. Your goal of losing weight is what you want most, a treat is what you want now.... Ask yourself this question before you decide, what do I want MOST, what do I want NOW? It'll make saying no easier.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    strong first post OP \m/
    giphy.gif \m/
  • angels960
    angels960 Posts: 35 Member
    I sympathise, I suffer the same thing, that’s what got me this chubby in the first place and once you have one, these things are bloody addictive, you end up having a few.
    Saying no has never worked for me, I use more self distraction techniques and my carrot trick.

It sounds silly but I have a raw carrot and I say to myself “if you are hungry enough for the chocolates you must eat this carrot first”
    When I see the unappetising carrot It puts me right off! I would actually have to be really starving to munch though that carrot just to have sweets.
  • surreychic
    surreychic Posts: 117 Member
    That's a brilliant trick angel960... rem I should have thought about that before I just ate my wholemeal hot cross bun, however you just stopped me eating the second!
  • munch on a home-made protein bar mid morning and maybe some fruit in the afternoon - check out the web for recipes. Make sure you add it to your cal allowance for the day. When less nutritious snacks are offered you then are much more likely to say 'no' as you will not be hungry. Same issues has been happening to me at my new place of work. Every day it seems to be someone's birthday .... big office to boot!
  • bookworm140
    bookworm140 Posts: 9 Member
    Pop in a piece of sugar free gum instead!
  • beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Kind of a silly suggestion but it could work: imagine that the person who brought in the treats didn't wash his or her hands.