Broke Up With My Trainer :(

Options
I had a PT for the past year, who has since become my husband's training partner (they are both competitive bodybuilders). I had my last session with him this morning, and it was bittersweet. He knew he had taught me everything he could, and it was a waste of my money to continue paying him. But we built a great rapport over the past year, and it felt like a major break-up this morning. :( I'm married (happily), but it felt like I broke up with my boyfriend or something. LOL

Luckily, since he and my husband train together, he will still be in my life and they are both willing to beat my *kitten* in the gym every once in awhile...because I would miss that.

But I was way sadder about not having the weekly sessions anymore than I thought I would be.

Replies

• GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Children grow up and move out if you've done a good job as a parent. He should be proud! :flowerforyou:
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Was he your physical therapist (PT) or your fitness trainer?
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Beautiful :-)

It is great that you have built up such a strong relationship with your trainer. I think as we change our lives and the way we view the world those around us that help us can become very significant. I know its bitter sweet as you say but its fantastic that you found someone who could really help you in this process and you get along with so keep much. It is also good that you will still be able to keep in contact with him. I'll just say I've had similar experiences with people that have played significant roles in my personal transformation so I think it is normal human emotion you are feeling :-)

Good luck
  • Tyggress73
    Tyggress73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Was he your physical therapist (PT) or your fitness trainer?

Personal Trainer (fitness)