feeling insignificant and down

Options
Good things have happened this week...
Ive accomplished raising thousands of pounds for an all terrain power wheelchair for my daughter , its been 5 years of fundraising and she had a demo a few days ago and it was ordered yesterday..... with tears of joy
Ive started going out walking for exercise again.
Ive been back on my diet for a week and lost 6lbs in 10 days..

i should be happy right? Still feel like crap and no one gives a ........ about anything but themselves :grumble:

Replies

• TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I give a crap! That's all awesome news. :)
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Ive accomplished raising thousands of pounds for an all terrain power wheelchair for my daughter , its been 5 years of fundraising and she had a demo a few days ago and it was ordered yesterday..... with tears of joy

i should be happy right? Still feel like crap and no one gives a ........ about anything but themselves :grumble:

but why do you feel like that. you have done great. Maybe the more exercise you get in you will start feeling better?
    I hate exercise but once I am done I do feel good.
    Hope you feel good soon. x
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you feel like this. Sometimes people experience depression after reaching a big goal.... that is quite common, but if the feeling doesn't pass you might talk to a counselor. We can build things up in our minds and the real life success might not match up to our dreams.

You've done so well and achieved a wonderful thing for your daughter, plus look at all the good people who tried to help rather than looking at the negative. You might also be exhausted which can contribute to feeling down.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

stop caring what other poeple think of you... be the best you for you, and your family, not for recognition from other people.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you feel like this. Sometimes people experience depression after reaching a big goal.... that is quite common, but if the feeling doesn't pass you might talk to a counselor. We can build things up in our minds and the real life success might not match up to our dreams.

You've done so well and achieved a wonderful thing for your daughter, plus look at all the good people who tried to help rather than looking at the negative. You might also be exhausted which can contribute to feeling down.

Yep, you reach a big goal then sit there and think well now what? and that high you got from achieving that goal goes away, so now you need to set another goal and go from there. And maybe you are just really tired.
  • MsChrissyAnn
    MsChrissyAnn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Everyone has low points! You are doing great and congrats on your loss!! Keep up the hard work!:flowerforyou:

(PS if anyone needs an active buddy please add me! I'm always looking for more friends!)
  • hadirk
    hadirk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I give a crap :)) , you are doing great raising money for your daughter's wheelchair and losing weight. Don't care about what other people think, you're doing this for you I hope you feel better soon
  • SavageAbbey
    Options

At the end you said anything but themselves. It sounds like someone is unappreciative or selfish? If this is the case maybe you should approach them and tell them how you feel? I could be way off base but all of the good things you have done is very admirable. I say keep working on your diet, health and kindness and it will all be ok. Happiness is there you just have to make the decision, whatever that is for you, to be happy.
  • bl1nk6
    bl1nk6 Posts: 175
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies....

Im definately not depressed in any way, I think a few of you have hit it on the head.. Im emotionally and mentally tired i think and people taking advantage but completely ignoring my needs. Being acknowledged when i speak would be a start :ohwell:
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. Some days you are rocking really hard but you still don't feel good. Try just doing one really nice thing for yourself, sometimes that can turn your whole outlook around. Take a long bath? Do your nails/get a manicure? Do something sweet with your daughter?

Just try to feel love for yourself, even if its something small. :D
  • bl1nk6
    Options
    Thanks everyone hope i can return the favour some day ..... I just need my butt kicked pamper session coming up.. starting with a bubble bath :wink:
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone hope i can return the favour some day ..... I just need my butt kicked pamper session coming up.. starting with a bubble bath :wink:

oh a spa day would be fab.
  • SavageAbbey
    Options

oh a spa day would be fab.

That's it! Treat yourself to a fabulous day at the spa!
  • bl1nk6
    Options
    this is a very GOOD idea! ;)
  • kellymac518
    kellymac518 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    im sorry to hear you're feeling so down... have you gone to a doctor to see if there is a reason for your mood? i have a b-12 deficiency and before i started getting shots it severely effected my mood.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Just remember that when people are negative, it's often about them, not about you. If everyone is negative, or even most people, there may be a message there for you. But if it's just one person, it's not about you.

[Edited to fix grammar. Shouldn't post on Friday night. Should have more interesting life so I'm not on MFP on Friday night.]
  • bl1nk6
    Options
    Its ok im just hormonal and someone has a chip on his shoulder but your right its not about me, its his problem with someone else, so i got blanked :tongue: