Mmmmmmm... Alcohol!

Options
13»

Replies

• SlimTracey
    SlimTracey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also a fan of alcohol. :drinker: Bacardi and diet coke is my thing....
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So there's not way I could give up alcohol completely! I usually drink wine or lager but they're both high in calories. What do you drink on a night out?

Beer.
    Wine.
    Whisky.
    Sometimes all three in the same night, but never in the same drink.

sounds about right. Sometimes, I go for some bourbon. But its usually real ale. Something hoppy and craft.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Whiskey with water + a splash of ginger ale!
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    When out I tend to go with whatever the guest hand pulled ales are. Joys of being in Yorkshire. At home, I'm a single malt collector, but tend to reserve that for tasting nights. I'll usually have some wine of an evening in.

Canada is getting there with the craft beer. But its one of my biggest complaints since leaving England, and one of the only reasons that my husband wants to move back. Most places here don't support the local breweries :(
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    usually Korean plum wine (2 small glasses), vodka or Jaegermeister shots...or a couple of Redd's Apple Ales

I recently tried some beer called Trippel made with coriander and it was good, but for me Redd's are better with less cals.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    if you like wine and lager, have wine and lager. just have a little less.
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've found a new mix for vodka - sparking ice water - it's carbonated - NO CALS, ETC... comes in 17oz bottles so you're good for 2 drinks with just one bottle... I get it at Costco... comes in 3 different flavours and is wonderful!!

Also - I'm a wine drinker - try to stay more to the white wine though - unless the red is 'sweet'... strawberry zinfandel is my fav but pretty sure it's high cal... found a great white wine spritzer though for when I 'run out' of my sparking ice lol
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    bourbon, neat or on the rocks

Mmmmm...bourbon. I do mine neat a few times a week.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm pregnant now so I don't drink at all, but with 2 young kids already, when I've had a rare night out I've drank whatever I fancied!

I like prosecco or cava. I had a girly night out last year and had prosecco, then I think we had some shots. Then for our wedding anniversary hubby and I got a bottle of Bacardi and some coke (MIL had the kids). The next week I realised I was pregnant, so I haven't had anything since. 8 weeks to go...looking forward to a glass of prosecco :drinker:
  • skinniersandycomingsoon
    Options
    A shot of Cointreau in a tall glass, add the juice of half a lime and a packet of Truvia (I don't tolerate artificial sweeteners very well) and fill with club soda and ice. I've heard it called a "Party Starter". Has about 145 calories (1.5 oz shot).

Or, the Margaritaville brand of margarita that comes in a big jug (not the best, but if you squeeze in some fresh lime it adds some zing). Blend it with ice to make it seem like more, lol. It's sweetened with agave, and only has 95 calories in a serving (4 oz.)
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Literally just found out that Barcardi is quite low cal. Am on my 3rd one tonight and it's quite tasty with diet coke :)
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    Bourbon, neat or with 1-2 rocks.

Beer, depending on my mood.

Wine, when the setting is right.

Hell, I like it all.
  • henriettevanittersum
    Options
    I actually work out so I can drink (wine, champagne, mojito's) - that's how I "eat back" my calories...:blushing:
  • evanblove
    evanblove Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Guinness for strength!
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I actually work out so I can drink (wine, champagne, mojito's) - that's how I "eat back" my calories...:blushing:

Me too, when I know a good night out is on the cards I'll hit the gym! Good planning IMO :)
  • Robb_Lloyd
    Robb_Lloyd Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If I am planning on hitting the town and drinking I typically schedule a long run the day or morning of. I burn the hell out of some calories and Typically dont eat when I drink so I end up just fine. So I drink mostly beer or Jack and Coke.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Parrot Bay and diet.

Yum!
  • msdeb424
    msdeb424 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Saving to read later. Looks like lots of great ideas. :drinker:
  • sapicsr
    sapicsr Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Alcohol, what's been keeping me from reach my goal!! I make my own Riesling wine so I am well stocked with that. When I am out it is usually Jamison on the rocks or Orange Vodka. I will be the first to admit I enjoy my alcohol and my social life!!