Stuck!!! Help!!

Options
Hello,
Im getting frustrated. I have been on MFP for a little over a month. I have lost 16 pounds and very happy with that. But all of the sudden I just stopped. I still have 30 pounds to go. I have been at this point for almost 2 weeks now. I always eat under my calories (close) to the max and exercize daily. I did eat on Thanksgiving and went up 3 punds but I have come right back down to the same point. I have read about the plateau and feel that is where I am. I am wondering if I should eat less or eat a little more. My rec daily calories is 1770. Im 5'11 240. Just do not know if I should eat a little less or a little more for a few days. I do feel hungry often. Any help is appreciated.

Daren

Replies

• Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    How many calories are you burning each day when you exercise?

I am 5'10" and 200 lbs. When I was at 240 I was eating about 1600 cal a day and exercising about 3 days a week. On my exercise days I was buring an additional 400 calories. Depending on how many additional calories you are burning during exercise will tell if you are eating enough - or as you lose weight you occasionally can reduce calories as your body may no longer require as much.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    im stuck too... except i hadn't been logging as i should have. so i think i may not have been eating enough. Im trying to eat a little bit more calories.. up my protein... and decrease my carbs. You're not alone... at all. haha. just gotta tweek your goals until you find something that works again i guess. sometimes your body needs change.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm there too. For about three months! (That being said, right now I'm not trying to lose just maintain so probably not a bad thing and I don't follow my own advice.) What I've done in the past: Time to switch it up. You need to change your workout routine and if you've been in a routine with your food, time to take that under review and figure out what you can change. Your body just needs a change. If you do the same thing every day, eventually your body stops responding.
  • kitujainen
    kitujainen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i lost 3lbs in 3 days and got 4lbs back next day due overeating and took laxatives to sort it out. Today I have 2400extra calories and im going to bed already. I am 185 lbs and goal 1333 kcal.
    How many lbs in a week is your goal to lose?
    I set it to 2lbs. Todays rate id be in normal weight in 5weeks. Add cycling and kettlebells and pilates like i have done today for almost four hours...
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck at 167lbs now for almost 2 months. I usually keep my calories at 1200, like it says to lose 1lb a week. They only change I have made, is istead of walking, I sometimes run. and we aren't riding bike anymore since its cold out. but I try to do my ellipitcal as often as I can. I feel more fit. I can run longer than before. buts the weight or even inches hasn't changed in 2 months.
  • dwaun681
    Options
    I've done hcg and what they recommend AND what I have done is to eat apples all day, (like 5-6 along with your water), then for dinner eat a big steak with an apple or a tomato. Never eat after 7 either. Three pounds is usually gone by the next morning which starts you back on weight loss and OFF of the plateau.

Good luck!!!

=)
  • Darem
    Darem Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for all of the replies. here is what I decided to do. I changed my goal from 1 1/2 pounds a week to 1 pound for week which gave me an additional 200 calories a day. So yesterday I ate those calories did not exercise and this morning i am finally down 1 1/2 pounds. Body is weird. Im going to stay at these calories for a week or so and see what happens and then change if I need to. Thanks, again.

Daren
  • masterqb
    Options
    Well, like I posted yesterday.. I am on HCG lost 23 pounds in 35 days and a total of 30 inches.. I am currently in Phase 3 of the Maintenance and maintaining my weight until I can start my next round in January. IF you are interested visit www.myhcgdrops.net
  • canoefoot7
    Options
    I've done hcg and what they recommend AND what I have done is to eat apples all day, (like 5-6 along with your water), then for dinner eat a big steak with an apple or a tomato. Never eat after 7 either. Three pounds is usually gone by the next morning which starts you back on weight loss and OFF of the plateau.

Good luck!!!

=)
    Have you seen the professor who ate ONLY twinkies, Little Debbie treats, and snack bags of chips? You can loose weight on any calorie restrictive diet. Depriving your body of nutrition will only set you back. Suggestion---, see a nutritionist, grab a Clean Eating magazine, educate yourself on proper diet... A good documentary available for instant viewing on Netflix is "Food Matters".