Anyone who uses a fitbit...

Options
Does anyone else who uses a Fitbit know how accurate the calorie burn estimation is? Mine says I burn ~2200 calories a day, I do a lot of brisk walking as a server/bartender and my activity level is set to sedentary so I can just add workouts and activities that I do. I just feel like this is a bit high, but maybe I'm wrong. Any tips on how to improve accuracy?

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I use a fitbit flex. That sounds pretty accurate. It calculates your total burn for the day. If I sit around a do nothing I reach 2000 very easily. Add in a bit of exercise and I am about 2300 to 2500.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    mine has been pretty accurate too so far :) love my fitbit
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm still using the fibtbit one.......and it's accurate still. It's the total calories burned during the day, including while you sleep.
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Been using my One for a year to figure out maintenance/cal intake. Not gained an ounce so I'd say it's spot on!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I burn about 1800 doing nothing all day, ups to about 2200/2300 or more depending how active I am daily. :)
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I burn about 1750 if I don't do anything at all. Up to about 2150 if I'm fairly active. More if I exercise.
  • heidilynnxoxo
    heidilynnxoxo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I just wanted to make sure, I guess I must have been underestimating my calories burned everyday.
  • triskaidekaphile13
    Options
    I too eat to within 50 calories of my FitBit burn for maintenance and have gained no weight. I find it to be really accurate and have worn my FitBit, tracked using GPS and worn a HRM on a run and had very similar results across the three.