Insanity

Options
Wondering if anyone can help I'm on week 4 of the insanity and I have been on 1500 calories a day and I don't seem to be losing weight or inches what am I doing wrong? Im 5 foot 6 and 179lbs any tips to help me

Replies

• MzRealMaFigz
    Options
    Hi! I did insanity twice, so I know what you're feeling. I didn't see any weight loss until the second month of Insanity, and it was minimum. Maybe a lb or 2. However, I DID see muscle definition, and my clothes fit better. Try googling foods that rev your metabolism, this way, you can still eat within your 1500 calories, but are burning fat even when you're not actually working out. It's easy to feel discouraged, because I sure did. I'm the same weight today that I was when I started Insanity LAST APRIL...however I've maintained the diet and exercise, and the inches are gone and the muscles are there. Our bodies are very complex things, but the best advice I can give you is take PICTURES! And lots of them. This way if the scale or measuring tape aren't showing you results, the camera will. GOOD LUCK!
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    At $75 this scale is a little expensive, but it can help you track positive changes in your body resulting from a good exercise program: http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HBF-514C-Composition-Sensing-Monitor/dp/B0020MMCDE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1393077355&sr=8-5&keywords=scale+body+fat

The scale tracks weight, body fat percentage and skeletal muscle percentage, as well as a few other parameters. It can objectively tell you if you're replacing fat with lean muscle. It can also tell if you're losing muscle mass along with fat if and when your weight starts coming down.

I started tracking my readings 3 months ago when I signed up with MFP. According to the scale, my body fat percentage has come down from 22.5% to 16.7%, and my skeletal muscle percentage increased from 35.1% to 38.2%. The muscle percentage increase looks good, but along with my weight loss it means that I actually lost a half pound of muscle. But I should be able to turn that around now that I'm putting a little more emphasis on weight lifting.