Jillian michaels kickboxing fast fix?

Options
2»

Replies

• Justx80
    Justx80 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know on the calories as well, if any of you with a monitor would like to share! I know it's different for every person, but to hear a real report from someone who has done it would help with estimations :p

I just did this for the first time...I was planning on doing all 3 workouts, and then ended up almost quitting through the 2nd. But I thought about how much more content I would be if I knew I'd finished at least 40 minutes, so I finished. That's good stuff. I spent half of it being confused and unbalanced and feeling like an idiot, but my heart rate was still UP and I was sweaty and achy by the end...it was GOOD! I will definitely be saving this for the days that I need something fast without compromising the quality.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite of all her stuff I've done (& I love 'em all). I've had it for a while & do it 1 - 2 times a week. I have done all 3 for a hour workout & it's brutal. For a 20 min workout I usually burn about 200 calories, but I'm also about 70 lbs overweight.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I do the workouts with 3 lb dumbbells and a 25 lb weighted vest and I can burn about 250 cals in 20 minutes according to my HRM. The moves do get easier with practice.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I average 150 cals per workout with this - usually a little higher for workout 2, a little less for 3, and 1 is usually right around 150. No extra weights, other than the dumbbells used in workout 1 (i use 10-15lbs for those moves).
  • Justx80
    Justx80 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ^Thanks guys for your replies!
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Love it.

I do it on days when I don't really have a lot of time. If it gets to be a little easy, you can get wrist / ankle weights to add to intensity too!
  • sbicica
    sbicica Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just got this DVD today and did level 1. I LOVED IT!! It was so fast and fun and although it took me 2-3 moves to get on track with some of the kicks, I was dripping in sweat by the end of it! I'm 5'6" 158lbs used 5lb hand weights and burned 184 calories doing workout 1!
  • Deninja22
    Options
    I just started working out. So I decided to do 1 20 min. workout everyday till I get used to moving around. Is that a good idea?