over 300lbs looking to change

Options
Hi I'm Ann I hit 315lbs this year and decided I'd had it! I was going to make a change. Starting the middle of Jan. This year I've been exercising and counting calories galore and I've lost 12 lbs. But I'd like a buddy support system and thought I'd come here. I do the gym and light cardio at home 6-7 days a week. I'm planning on losing 50 lbs this year. 10lbs at a time I'll celebrate. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Congrads to everyone's coming success!

Replies

• Tracie524
    Tracie524 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome! I started in January as well and I have a lot of weight to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend. I try to be supportive to all of MFP friends. It sounds like you are off to a good start.
  • paschtat85
    Options
    Hi Ann ~
    I am also friends with Tracie524....
    I have 123 lbs to lose and started Feb 11....and lost 11 lbs. Having the support of friends on MFP is great - for me a much needed thing. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can lose weight together!!
    Cherie'
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ann!
    Good for you on your 12 so far :)
    Short term goal like 10 lbs are an excellent idea! You've got the right attitude for success.
  • prima073
    prima073 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello Ann,

Good luck with your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend. :-)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    If you follow the recommendations of this website miss ann, i believe you will lose much more than 50 pounds this year!!!! You can do it!!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome! I started (again) on January 8th. It hasn't been easy, but I am finding MFP really helps, as well as logging and having an open diary. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • labtechmike
    Options
    Good luck I was also over 300lbs (318) to be exact. I started going to the gym almost everyday and eating right. I actually eat more now that I eat healthy and am loving the results.
  • lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi Ann,

I hit 317 back in December and started just cutting back on what I eat. I got serious on Jan 20th and I was at 298.6. Today I am at 287.2 with a weight loss of 11.4 pounds in a month! I have officially lost right at 30 pounds with hust calorie reduction and an occassional work out. I plan to start woriking out more consistently. Feel free to add me if you would like and we will do this together!
  • StacyRenaee
    Options
    Hello :) I'm new to this also and looking for friends and support. I'm a comfort food addict. I love to cook. It definitely sounds like you are on the right track. Keep up the great work! One day at a time. :happy: