How do you stop the hunger...?

Options
Hi

Help... I eat well, exercise moderatly and am struggling with the last 3 kilos... I am constantly hungry! Anyone know af any miracle food which is low in calories and keeps you full for more than 10 minutes...?

Thanks

Replies

• Uptopargolf
    Options
    Hi

Help... I eat well, exercise moderatly and am struggling with the last 3 kilos... I am constantly hungry! Anyone know af any miracle food which is low in calories and keeps you full for more than 10 minutes...?

Thanks

Baked chicken!

8oz is 280 calories. And that is a good amount of chicken. I eat a pound a day. I very rarely feel hungry!
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Tuna. Last night I ate it right out of the pouch and it totally fills you up for only 120 calories. Alternatively, try keeping the hunger at bay with tea or water! I'm going to go have some tea right now because my office is freezing cold.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    chicken, fish and drink water !!! lots of water, you'll feel more full.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    any lean meats or eggs.. eggs are a miracle food.. just about 70 calories, yolk and all.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Yep- EGGS! I eat 5 egg whites when I can't seem to fill up fo some reason. 85 cals in total.
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    Also maybe add in a afternoon coffee? I normally have a cup in the morning and one in the afternoon. caffeine suppress you're hungry just like water does, BUT it has the added benefit of increasing the heart rate slightly, to help you burn more calories.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    veggies, very low in calories and full of fiber to make you feel full longer.
  • umfan85
    umfan85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    These are all great suggestions. Eggs, Tuna, Chicken, all packed with protein and not a ton of calories. I also recommend oatmeal, keeps me full for hours.

Side note - To the poster who ate tuna right out of the pouch, that is something I have always been curious. Was it really not bad? I usually mix it with mustard or a little bit of olive oil.
  • jdq772
    Options
    Broccoli....sauteed, steamed, baked,with chicken, with fish, with anything, its delicious and you can eat a lot of it with very low calorie intake.Also try celery, its a good filler but it doesnt have many nutrients. Good luck.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I love me some low fat cottage cheese and fruit (and/or brown sugar, if I have a sweet tooth). Celery and some peanut butter. Drink lots-o-water.

Also...how often are you eating? Three large meals a day, or small ones throughout? I've been a lot less hungry since switching to three small meals a day, with a snack between each.
  • snailshoe
    Options
    I find a hot drink like coffee or tea helps me.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    These are all great suggestions. Eggs, Tuna, Chicken, all packed with protein and not a ton of calories. I also recommend oatmeal, keeps me full for hours.

Side note - To the poster who ate tuna right out of the pouch, that is something I have always been curious. Was it really not bad? I usually mix it with mustard or a little bit of olive oil.

Yep, I eat it plain..... it's not too bad. I wouldn't say I find it delicious, but it's better than dumping in a ton of mayo, which would be my preferred alternative!!! :) I have also eaten plain tuna with lemon juice and pepper, which gives it a little something more...
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    How many times a day do you eat? If you have a long space between meals then you'll definitely have periods of hunger.

Fueling your body regularly through the day keeps you full with not only your digestive system, but your metabolism reving to breakdown what you're ingesting.

This is the basis for having 5-6 small meals a day.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Also maybe add in a afternoon coffee? I normally have a cup in the morning and one in the afternoon. caffeine suppress you're hungry just like water does, BUT it has the added benefit of increasing the heart rate slightly, to help you burn more calories.

Ditto :) Love my Java, especially for this reason :drinker:
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options

About the tuna, I've found that they add salt and stuff (broth I think it was) to the pouch, which they don't to the canned in water tuna, so watch out for that. At least in the Bumble Bee version. They also make some flavored ones - I haven't checked the ingredients or tried them though.

OP, are you eating enough? Have you changed anything, like your workouts? A lot of people don't eat enough, end up super hungry, and stall out on weightloss because their aren't fueling their bodies properly.

But, good bulking stuff for the tummy, for me are dense veggies, not leaves, like broc, peppers, carrots, asparagus. Of course protein is the most satiating macronutrient...
  • meenagscc
    Options
    tomatoes work for me....and also a salad consisting of grilled chicken, oranges, strawberries, a few slivered almonds, a sprinkle of coconut, sun dried cranberries, a SMALL amount of fetta cheese, and a serving of kraft rasberry vinigerette salad dressing.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I find for me it takes a combination of complex carbs, fiber and protien to keep me full for any length of time. 4 oz of chicken on a bed of fresh spinach with 2 tablespoons of black beans and some fresh salsa. It's around 200 cals is a great lunch and will hit the spot. I also find yogurt (with lotsa protien) and some fruit will do the trick for a snack. I also avoid artificial sweetners as much as possible as I've found they increase my appetite (or at least my cravings for sugary sweets.) If I've just eaten and am "hungry" again I will drink 12 oz of water and wait 15 minutes. If I'm still hungry I'll grab some fruit or a veggie.

good luck! you can do this!

:drinker:
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Everyone has great suggestions. I guess it depends on what works for you. I tend to try to eat something small every 3 hours so I don't get to the 'starving' stage. LOL. This was really bad when I started and even waiting that long was hard sometimes. Now I'm less likely to eat a snack at time. Good luck!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Lots of good suggestions... I've learned that if I make sure I have high quality protein AND healthy fat with every meal (and snacks!), then it keeps me satisfied longer. Of course there are carbs in there too, but it's the protein and fat that really do the trick. Also, make sure you're eating plenty of veggies - these are good "roughage" for your body and contribute lots of bulk without the calories. Also, I've learned that the more processed something is, the less likely it is to keep me satisfied.

My personal favorites include adding beans and meat to salads to make them more filling, eating beans mixed with salsa as a side dish (beans in general are pretty awesome!), eating eggs for breakfast (sometimes with a side of toast w/PB) and "tuna pancakes" - tuna mixed with egg white and cooked on the stove like a pancake.

Edited to add: also, drinking enough water and some hot teas between meals really helps me.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Start tracking fiber and set your goal to 30g. Fiber and protein (which you are getting a decent amount of) keep you fuller for longer. From the looks of it, you're not getting enough servings of fruits and veggies aka fiber. But with that said, you should be eating something every 3ish hours to keep your metabolism boosted! I also drink lots of hot tea/water...mentally makes me feel like I'm constantly eating!