Loosing again :-/ Looking for more support :-)

Options
My name is Beth and I am a 38 year old woman who lost 85 lbs in 2009-20010 but gained back almost half of the weight.

I have all kinds of excused for gaining my weight:

I moved to another state
Got married
Was blessed with two step-children
Lost my father
Was trying to cook in a way that would win over my step-children
Started having problems with my own child
Did a lot of traveling

However, the truth is that 90% of my problem was ignoring my knowledge of what I should and should not put in my mouth and giving into my laziness.

I am determined now to lose this weight again and keep it off. I believe in slow and steady and making very few exception days but allowing a treat on days where I have been extremely low in calories and I know some that are not okay with the kind of treats i might allow. Dr. Pepper is my weakness but I only have one every once and a while.

Replies

• bobbagene
    Options
    We are all hear to help one another. If you need anything please let me know. I am glad to help
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome Beth!
    You feel free to have whatever treats you think you want and don't worry what anyone else thinks of them! We are all in this for the long haul, if any of us truly expects to make long term, healthy *lifestyle changes* instead of just another temporary change aka "diet" then we need to pace ourselves and still allow indulgences periodically :)
    Request sent.
  • AleKeo
    AleKeo Posts: 12
    Options
    Beth feel free to add me :) I just created a support group
  • theskinnybecky
    theskinnybecky Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome Beth! Feel free to add me if you'd like, I'm looking for lots of friends to share the journey we're all on! :wink:
  • hmseals77
    hmseals77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome Beth! I have been in your shoes. We are all here to support you! Feel free to add me!
  • lisatrish
    lisatrish Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I personally don't believe in excluding anything from my diet - for me moderation is the key otherwise I don't believe I would succeed. It looks like you are ready to take this journey seriously and that is the biggest factor in making it work. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • bethkeysear
    bethkeysear Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!:wink:
  • bsbgales
    Options
    Welcome Beth!!!!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Something you said in your post struck a chord with me. I am in maintenance and having to deal with watching my glycogen stores rev up and the resultant water weight gain...ugh.

So much of keeping the weight off is remaining vigilant and not becoming complacent. I am hoping the fact that I am terrified of gaining weight back as well as being AWARE of how easy it would be to put the weight back on will help me keep it off. Anyone can add me!
  • Reconstruction_Li
    Reconstruction_Li Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Especially if you lost all that weight before <3

I am sorry to hear of your loss, but congrats on getting married.

One day at a time and remember the work out you'll regret the most, is the one you never did <3