Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello Fellow MFP friends...

I am very new to this site as I joined today. Looking for people who are in the same boat as me or can help me get to where I am going. I have a fantastic fiancee who is very supportive but would like to meet other people who are determined to get this weight off and give eachother motivation:)

I weighed in at the end of July at 316 and am currently at 290.6. I have been doing WW with no excercise at all but that will change TOMORROW!!!

Introduce yourself to me too, please :)

Replies

• HI! Congratulations on the weight that you have lost. I'm back on the weight loss track after having my twins. I had lost a lot of weight last year on WW in preparation for having children (I thought it would up our chances if I was in better shape.. And it did!) but have gained it all back plus some. Having twins did a number to my weight! I'm trying to get back into the grove of losing it again but I get very discouraged and end up stuffing my face just to put myself back where I started. My body definitely does not look like it use to and it makes me upset. I don't have a lot of time for exercise, or any for that matter so it has been a slllllow process!

You are on the right track!!
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Welcome !
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Welcome to the community! Congrats on your success and upcoming wedding. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Charmagne
  • Thank you! And congrats on twins, what a blessing! I have some obstacles to jump over to have a child and it is the ONE thing in this world I truley want and pray for daily. I know it will happen when the time is right. My mom tells me allll the time if I could just lose weight I will get pregnant just like that, I wanna trust her but still. I decided that the only person I need to do it for was me first then everything else will fall in place. My cousin does WW and they just changed the WHOLE program a few days ago. Stay positive about losing your weight and everytime you think you need to eat remember you have 2 kids that need you and I hope that gives you motivation. I made little things with pictures on them with the word MOTIVATION big and hung them on my mirrors and fridge, it really helps.
  • thank you!!
  • Welcome to the community! Congrats on your success and upcoming wedding. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Charmagne

Duh I just realized I was not quoting people, haha Thank you and with people like you I KNOW I can do this!!!! 89 lbs, CONGRATS!!!!!
  • Christie_78
    Christie_78 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi, I'm new also. I joined yesterday. Good work on the weight loss! Adding exercise..you will see a major difference!! When I first started I lost around 20 on diet alone, but when I added exercise my body started to change in the right direction. I still have a long way to go, but It's awesome seeing progress, even if it is a small amount at a time!
  • Welcome, I just joined a couple of days ago. I have been struggling with my weight for the last 13 years. I have come to realize that it has all got to be emotional. I was in a very abusive relationship for many years when my weight went out of control. I have left that relationship and had counseling. The counseling was awesome but somehow never focused on the emotional eating aspect. I am know eating better, walking daily and taking better care of myself. My goal is to loose 42 lbs. Hang in there and stay focused.
  • It is very encouraging to read about how you have already lost 20 lbs. MFP has given my encouragement to stay focus on my goals. I have tried several times to lose weight but somehow never stayed motivated. Reading others accomplishments and struggles really does help me know that I am not alone is this adventure.
  • Welcome to both of you - there are some amazing people out here who are ready to help keep you motivated, just as you help them! Send friend requests to anyone that looks interesting - the people I have 'met' through MFP have been wonderful! :bigsmile:
  • Hi, I'm new also. I joined yesterday. Good work on the weight loss! Adding exercise..you will see a major difference!! When I first started I lost around 20 on diet alone, but when I added exercise my body started to change in the right direction. I still have a long way to go, but It's awesome seeing progress, even if it is a small amount at a time!

Well I am glad I am not the only newbie, lol Thank you! I tried something at the beginning of this year and it had diet and excercise and I was melting 10-15 lbs off but it only lasted 3 weeks because I felt like I was a machine. With WW I have loved being able to eat whatever I wanted but watching how much I ate and really opening my eyes to what was good or not, I would like to lose 75 more lbs before the wedding and 50 after...

Remember we didn't gain this weight over night and won't lose it that way either ;)
  • Welcome, I just joined a couple of days ago. I have been struggling with my weight for the last 13 years. I have come to realize that it has all got to be emotional. I was in a very abusive relationship for many years when my weight went out of control. I have left that relationship and had counseling. The counseling was awesome but somehow never focused on the emotional eating aspect. I am know eating better, walking daily and taking better care of myself. My goal is to loose 42 lbs. Hang in there and stay focused.

I have been there before and its not fun. Keep your head up! What I find to be the biggest impact in my losing weight thus far is not only the measuring aspect but pre-planning everything I eat the day before. That way I have everything portioned and measured out and know exactly what I can eat ALL day and then just portion it our through the day, works WONDERS!!! try it and let me know how you do
  • Welcome...you are on your way...best wishes to you!
  • Welcome to both of you - there are some amazing people out here who are ready to help keep you motivated, just as you help them! Send friend requests to anyone that looks interesting - the people I have 'met' through MFP have been wonderful! :bigsmile:

I use to be close minded to people "online" but that is how I met my fiancee, lol I met all of my jerks in person or through friend's and then decided to use online and found the love of my life, I am excited to meet more motivational people, can't have too many of those people :)
  • Welcome...you are on your way...best wishes to you!

Thanks!
  • Audi68
    Audi68 Posts: 113 Member
    Welcome and Congrats on you upcoming wedding!!! My husband and I got married in October (if I am doing the math right on yours) too. My favorite time of year!!!
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    hi! feel free to add me as a friend... I'm working towards my goal weight for my wedding in June! There are quite a few people on here getting ready for weddings and wanting to start the next part of our life at a healthy and happy weight!
  • Yes we get married October 22nd, 2011 and I can't wait!!! I am very excited I will add you as a friends as well, hanks. My question is ..as long as I stay at or under my calories according to MFP and excercise will i be successful? Im just nervous because I have lost my first 25 lbs from WW and I would rather do this since WW just change there whole program and I need to buy all new material. I like the idea of this site better as well. I just wanna make sure I am understanding how to use MFP correctly, thanks and God bless