Pink Method

Options
I have started the pink method again as of today, I have had success with this program in the past but was never able to completely finish it. Is there anyone out there that is using this method and would want to go through it together?

Thanks!

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    from the website:
    "The P.I.N.K. Method Diet is meant to only be used by women and there is no counterpart for men. The program consists of four phases. The first is the “Reset” phase which has women do a short-term detox. The second is the “Primary” stage where women learn about high powered foods. The third stage is the “7-Day Shred” stage which has women focus on a “shred soup” designed to make stubborn weight come off. The final stage is the “Preservation” stage which is designed to take women beyond the initial diet and help them maintain weight loss. - See more at: http://consumerscompare.org/pink-method-diet-review/#sthash.vivVjGmL.dpuf"

OP - any diet that recommends a detox for a "reset" is bunk. Please save your money and do not buy this book.

if you want long term success create a 500 per day calorie deficit, hit your macros 40p/30c/30f, work out/move more, and repeat. this is the path to long term success. Also, you can follow the 80/20 rule where 80% of your foods are healthy, and 20% is from wherever you want ice cream, cookies, pizza, etc.

I would also recommend a heavy lifting program of compound movements.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    What the guy above said!

It really is a matter of creating a calorie deficit and working out with a combo of cardio and strength training. I started off with pure cardio to get me going but recently started some strength training to replace fat with muscle.
    I don't do the 40/30/30 balance of macros but the 80/20 rule is close to what I do - healthy eating with a treat thrown in there now and again.

Best of luck!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    This diet probably won't work the way you're expecting, and it certainly isn't sustainable.

I'd recommend eating a regular a reasonable caloric deficit with plenty of protein, working out, and doing some sort of resistance training.

Good luck!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    No.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    No!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    You lost me at detox. OP, are you having kidney and liver problems? Because if not, it's best to just let them do their jobs.

To answer your question, I tried a diet similar to this in the past. It made me very, very sick.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    OP: I hope you will reconsider putting yourself through that.
    Ask yourself: If it works, why do I have to do it again?
    Good luck!
  • 125KC
    125KC Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I will be the one that disagrees. I followed PINK and was VERY successful - dropped 30 lbs and have MAINTAINED that through holidays. I still eat according to the PINK philosophy. It worked for me, it wasn't hard, and it is a complete change of eating habits. The reset is only referred to as a detox as it encourages the reduction in sugar and wheat products.

It may not work for some, but it worked for me and after completing the entire program successfully, I found that continuing with the style of eating became second nature and has not been difficult in the least.

To each their own, I guess, but it does work.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    In for all the meanies telling the OP that she's doing it wrong.

But... OP, you're doing it wrong. Detoxes and resets are nonsense that don't even mean anything. Calorie deficit, exercise, profit.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I will be the one that disagrees. I followed PINK and was VERY successful - dropped 30 lbs and have MAINTAINED that through holidays. I still eat according to the PINK philosophy. It worked for me, it wasn't hard, and it is a complete change of eating habits. The reset is only referred to as a detox as it encourages the reduction in sugar and wheat products.

It may not work for some, but it worked for me and after completing the entire program successfully, I found that continuing with the style of eating became second nature and has not been difficult in the least.

To each their own, I guess, but it does work.

A lot of people have found success with these methods.

Not a lot of people have found long-term success with these methods.

Food for thought.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options
    It works because it creates a calorie deficit. Let me reiterate: a diet very similar to this one made me VERY sick.
  • 125KC
    Options
    Not alot of people have found success with any plan...but some do.

Because something doesn't work for one doesn't mean it won't work for another...discounting if for someone else is no one's business.

And I do believe the OP was asking for someone to join her....not opinions on the program.

Respect.

Just saying
  • 125KC
    Options
    It works because it creates a calorie deficit. Let me reiterate: a diet very similar to this one made me VERY sick.

This PARTICULAR diet did not make me sick, and is the reason I am at where I am today, and continuing to lose.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Because something doesn't work for one doesn't mean it won't work for another...discounting if for someone else is no one's business.

And I do believe the OP was asking for someone to join her....not opinions on the program.

Respect.

Just saying

Well she did say she tried it in the past and failed.

I humbly suggest that she try something different this time.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    What is the PINK method?
  • splunk88
    Options
    Wow....this first time I've had a chance to see all of this since this morning. I didn't intend to start anything like this. I honestly was just wondering if anyone was doing something similar.

I know that resets and detoxes are necessarily the best option...I more or less was using the program (which I already have) as a blueprint and guide because I find having something very clear in front of me is the only way I can have success.

Thanks for the replies.
  • 125KC
    Options

Respect.

Just saying

She didn't say she failed, she said she did not complete the program.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Respect.

Just saying

Well that sounds like a success to me.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options

Respect.

Just saying

Well that sounds like a success to me.
    I think it's time for us to take our logic and leave.
  • MnWild74
    MnWild74 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just read your post and I know its been a month ago, but today is my day one on PINK reset and if you need some one to do the program with I am here.