I had an unusual sensation today

Options
soze
soze Posts: 604 Member
I went to the gym on a mission. There I was 40+ minutes into my workout on the elliptical and my side started hurting. I haven't felt that since a child in P.E. class.

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I've had that feeling as well but realized that I will typically get it more when I am dehydrated. Drink that water!!!!
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I had that the other day, too! And the other unfamiliar sensation I have found is hunger pains! It'd be embarrasing to admit in any other public place, but I had forgotten what it felt like to behungry! I just ate whenever I wanted, and when I thought there might be a chance I'd get hungry. Thank you God for MFP :love:
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    ooo lutz good to know! soze i get that feeling too!
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I've had that feeling as well but realized that I will typically get it more when I am dehydrated. Drink that water!!!!

Now that I didn't know.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Check out WebMD, they mention not breathing properly as one reason as well dehydration.
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    3 Things. Water, food, and stretching. I found this article for you.

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/injuries/a/aa053100a.htm
  • Dyoung2217
    Options
    It's called a "side stich". You can google that and find all sorts of prevention tips. I have this problem a lot too. As mentioned above, water and strecthing/warming up seem to do the trick.
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Next time it happens, stretch up & take a nice deep slow long inhale & blow it out your mouth. It'll go away. :smile:
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I had that the other day, too! And the other unfamiliar sensation I have found is hunger pains! It'd be embarrasing to admit in any other public place, but I had forgotten what it felt like to behungry! I just ate whenever I wanted, and when I thought there might be a chance I'd get hungry. Thank you God for MFP :love:

:flowerforyou: Oh my gosh...I am so glad you said that out loud!!! I have been wanting to say it too.... A few weeks ago I started feeling odd, a few times in the same week and one day, my husband said(I am hard of hearing) "HOLY COW IS THAT YOUR STOMACH GROWLING!!??" :laugh: hahahahaha....and it was. I have been feeling hunger pangs for the 1st time in a long time and I am SO HAPPY :bigsmile: :blushing: THANK GOD FOR MFP:heart::happy: :bigsmile: :drinker: :heart: I had completely forgotten what it felt like, and once again reminded me to be SO VERY thankful for everything I have...(It's been awhile since I HAD to be hungry!!)
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I had that sensation the other night too when I was dancing. And the hunger pains are nice too! Now I actually know when I am hungry. Keeping up on the fluids is a definite way to ward against the pains though.:) I just look at it as it is showing me I am doing something right if it hurts!