Changed up work out and now I'm always hungry?

Options
Ok, so I'm beyond confused right now. Previously I would work out 6 days a week doing 40 minutes on the elliptical and eat around 1350 calories a day. This worked for a long time and eventually I just stalled out because it wasnt physically challenging anymore.
I changed my routine to doing the elliptical every other day mixed with a kettlebell/circuit training workout that I did on days where I wasn't doing cardio. I decreased my cardio workouts to no more than half of an hour, and would spend about 35 to 40 minutes doing circuit training. I also raised my calories to 1500 since I was doing weight training. Eventually a ten lb kettlebell became too easy so I switched over to a 15 lb, and continued doing my every other day cardio routine. Physically I'm toning up quite a bit and have gained three lbs, while fitting into a smaller jean size.
The only thing that I dont understand is that I'm having a horribly hard time sticking to 1500 calories. I'm hungry every single night. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this when they changed up their workout routine and if it settled down after a while or do i need to start eating more since i'm using a heavier kettlebell?

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    How is your protein? Are you getting in at least 100 grams per day? If you are, try upping your calories to 1700 to see what happens. It can be very challenging to find the right balance that fuels the workout, but still loses weight. You may have to experiment some.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I try to get 100g a day. Sometimes its as low as 80g. Every once in a while I get it as high as 115.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I try to avg abt 100g of protein a day, some days its as low as 80 others its as high as 115.