Needing motivation

Options
I began using this website a little over a month ago (almost 6 weeks, I think...)
I was doing well just watching what I ate and exercising (I lost 3 lbs. in like 4 days...)
Then, my Grandfather got sick(er) and my sister and I went down south for about 5 weeks to be with family.
While I was there, I completely ignored the fact that I should be watching what I ate, and I ended up gaining 7 lbs. (I'm still 34 lbs lighter than I was last summer, though)
So....now I'm starting over...and hoping I don't do something stupid like completely ignore my eating habits, again.
I know the weight is going to come off...but I can't help but feel slightly bummed (even though, obviously, it's completely my fault that I gained the weight back).
Anyone have any tips for keeping yourself motivated while losing weight?

Replies

• GlassKisses
    Options
    I began using this website a little over a month ago (almost 6 weeks, I think...)
    I was doing well just watching what I ate and exercising (I lost 3 lbs. in like 4 days...)
    Then, my Grandfather got sick(er) and my sister and I went down south for about 5 weeks to be with family.
    While I was there, I completely ignored the fact that I should be watching what I ate, and I ended up gaining 7 lbs. (I'm still 34 lbs lighter than I was last summer, though)
    So....now I'm starting over...and hoping I don't do something stupid like completely ignore my eating habits, again.
    I know the weight is going to come off...but I can't help but feel slightly bummed (even though, obviously, it's completely my fault that I gained the weight back).
    Anyone have any tips for keeping yourself motivated while losing weight?
  • dantell13
    Options
    Here is some motivation, you are 18 yrs old, do it now otherwise you will get older and it will be harder and harder to lose and then also you will start getting the stretch marks. Your young and beautiful, get healthy now. Your grandfather as well as your whole family wants you to be happier and healthier. Do it baby, you can!!!!!!!!!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings GlassKisses!

Don't beat yourself up over past mistakes...chalk them off to lessons learned and play the whole movie next time you're in the same mode of getting off track...remember how it makes you feel lousy.

Your message motivated me this morning...I got off track when I had company from out of town and gained back some weight as well...I've noticed that whenever I get stressed, sad or really tired, that I easily fall off the wagon...I'm still working towards stabilizing those emotions and keeping my eye on the prize...feeling healthy and happy with myself.

No worries, be happy and take care Friend!
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    I am in the same position as u exactly!
    I am 30 pounds lighter than i was last summer but i still have about 10 pounds left to lose and i cant seem to shake them off an its really annoying especially since everyone around me our age seems to lose weight in a heartbeat..
    I am at a plateu right now and seem to even be gaining!
    all i can say to u is keep the faith do it all right weigh urself today and then check in with me after a week of being really good with ur diet and exercise..
    how about that?
  • GlassKisses
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, everyone.

To dantell13: Unfortunately, I already have them (the stretch marks) because I was so overweight before. I've always been chubby, and when I hit Jr. high I got really bad about it and that's when the stretch marks kicked in. Until this past year, it seems they'd only been getting worse (at their worst last summer when I hit 225, which was when I decided to start losing weight) Now they're like...fading...instead of being purple, they're white and not so noticable...
    So...you'd think the fear of getting them back to the way they were would freak me out enough to stay eating healthy...it does help to remember, though.

To FatDancer: Thank you very much for the advice. I'll definately start thinking about how I felt before next time I reach for something I know I shouldn't be eating. And, what you said about falling off the wagon when stressed, sad or tired totally applies to me, too. I need to control the emotional eating thing...

To FUZZBUZZ4: Thank you for the advice, too. I'll definately try that. I need to designate a day for weighing, though. I tend to get a little obsessive over the scale if I don't (sadly, haha).
    I'm sorry to hear that you're o a plateu with your weight loss. I'd imagine that would get really irritating, especially at the last 10 lbs. If that's you in your picture, though, you look great. I wouldn't worry about it