Pregnant and trying to stay fit

Options
I am a first time momma to be and I am re-joining MFP to keep me motivated both during this pregnancy and after to reach my ultimate goal weight and be the fit and good looking momma I've always wanted to be!

Looking for friends to keep me MOTIVATED and I will gladly motivate you as well.

I am 23 years old and 5'11 - Only friends who actually comment on stuff and like to get to know people need apply :)

Replies

• RachelHancock
    Options
    Hi, it's so exciting, when are you due?

I've been so lazy this past couple of months but like you want to keep on track. I'm nearly 17 weeks now and starting to get my appetite back so I know I have to start watching again. As I'm overweight to begin with my goal is to not gain weight during first 5 months (I've managed 4) and then to gain minimally.

What exercise do you plan to do and how often?
    Good luck :)
    Rachel
  • auntkk28
    auntkk28 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My problem is having too much of an appetite! I' m starting my 13th week tomorrow (due 9/06). I was getting a great workout with my mini trampoline but it's not really safe to use now (too much risk in falling). I'm still using my elliptical and should be able to use that for most of my pregnancy. Walking around my neighborhood as well (can't ride my bike anymore as well:(). I haven't looked yet but I bet there are a bunch of free videos on You Tube for pregnancy workouts. Since this is my fourth pregnancy I'm already showing (I just updated my profile pic yesterday). I did gain weight over the holidays so I did start out this pregnancy about 15-20 pounds over my goal weight, I'm kicking myself that I let myself go like that. I was happy at 123 lbs. and then my mom passed away in July. Since then I have been comforting myself with food and lack of motivation to exercise. I've gained another 4 pounds so I'm determined to keep active to keep my weight gain in check. Congrats to you both and feel free to ask me pregnancy questions since I've done this a few times:)